Secondary IF

Post IUI questions

this is my 3rd IUI and I'm wondering if anyone else had this experience.  My first IUI had no discomfort at all.  My last two (w/ my new RE) have been incredibly uncomfortable---discomfort during the procedure and afterwards I am so crampy, painfully bloated, etc.  Today's is worse than the one in November.  Ugh. 

Were you very uncomfortable post-IUI? What did you next couple of days look like?  I am feeling right now like I could spend the rest of the weekend on the couch.  I may as well since none of my pants fit me right now, the bloating is so insane. 

Re: Post IUI questions

• Both the IUI that gave us the triplets and the IUI that was done last week were pretty painful. Not the actual IUI, but a day or two before and 4 or 5 days after I was very bloated, my ovaries were very swollen...ever step I took a wave of pain went from my foot up my leg and into my ovaries. It was a very good sign for me last time hopefully it is this time too :) Good luck!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • That wave of pain is exactly what I'm talking about--mine goes up into my stomach rather than down through my legs, but ugh. It's awful. Totally totally totally worth it, but awful! LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my first IUI this past cycle and it was very painful.  Not the actual IUI itself, but the 2 days that followed where brutal!  Same pain that both of you described.  I attributed some of that to the trigger shot.  Dr told me it was a good sign.  I didn't get PG this cycle, but guess at least my body O'ed, etc.

Good luck... I think you'll feel better in a day or two.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"