Health & Exercise

need help....

so i was just about to start getting into shape cuz i gain 13 lbs but than found out last night im pregnant with my first kid :) (super excited).. so i have no idea what kind of exercises im able to do while pregnant..

Re: need help....

• From what I've heard, the rule is that if you haven't been exercising prior to getting pregnant than you shouldn't start up a "new" exercise program once you find out you're pregnant. If you've been active (running, aerobics, swimming, weights, etc) than you can continue that and modify it in relation to how you're feeling. I would talk to your OB and see what would be good for you. Walking and swimming are always great. Maybe a pre-natal yoga or Pilates class would be good too. Definitely check with your doc.

Congrats!!!

• Congrats!  I just found out I'm pregnant a few days ago.  I am planning to continue with my current exercises routine but will modify if needed.  I'll talk to my doctor as my pregnancy progresses.

Talk to your doctor.  You can definitely go for walks, go swimming, etc.  You just don't want to start of too quickly.  Execerise is good during pregnancy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"