Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Anyone have a toddler that spits (blows raspberries)?

I swear she's going to drive us nuts.  She just decides to spit and won't stop.  We don't know how to get her to quit.  Has anyone experienced this?  What did you do about it?

Re: Anyone have a toddler that spits (blows raspberries)?

• M does this on occasion.  It doesn't last very long, but she does do it after I ask her to stop.  Sorry I'm no help here!
  • She did it a lot months ago.  Now she just does it when we're joking around.  Your LO will grow out of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I should add that when we ask her to stop, she's totally defiant.  She slowly sticks out her tongue and acts like she's not going to do it.  Then, of course she starts up again.  I'm not sure if it's for attention or not.  Sometimes, we're in the middle of giving her attention, too.  Sigh...
  • The only thing that has worked for us is to redirect the sound. So when she spits, I cluck my tongue or ask her what sound a cow makes or whatever.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  This is our second phase of spitting though ...
  • My daughter did the spitting thing for a about 2 wks then she stopped and I thought that was the end of it. Turns out she just discovered that that same spit can be used to rub in her hands, for washing her face and washing daddy's hair! We've told her that its yucky and that we only use water to wash our bodies AND the funny part is that I dont use spit to wipe her face at all! Everytime I see her go in for the spit I say "stop, no spitting" and then I distract her with something like "is that a bird in the sky?" or "Do you see where daddy (ball, car, dog etc) is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"