Trouble TTC

Hard time

I am new to this computer blog thing. I just felt like I needed someone else going trough the same thing to talk to.

My husband and I have been trying for a while to get pregnant. All of my friends are either pregnant or have just had their baby. I am starting to feel like its never going to happen. I have tried to stay positive but I am loosing hope. I have had two early miscarriages already. I have been praying for the sticky one. This week has been especially hard because a friend is having her baby any minute and another one just called me to tell me she is having her third. She has gotten pregnant first try and is so niave that she didnt know that other couples stuggle to get pregnant. She litterally thought that it happend right away for everyone. I had to listen to her go on and on about her testing and how she is hoping its a girl. I am happy for her I am. But I couldnt take hearing all of that. I started to cry and had to explain to her why I was upset. I am feeling very alone. I have only one friend (who is pregnant now) that understands what I am going through. It took her 2 years and a few miscarriages.

And what is with everyone under the sun even people who dont know you...always telling you to just relax or as soon as you stop trying it will happen. I swear the next person that says that to me will get an earful.

I guess I just needed to vent. Hear others stories and know I really am not the only one out there.

Thank you for listening

Autumn

Re: Hard time

• Hey your not alone. My husband and I have been TTC for quite some time with no luck. it feels like your surounded by pregnant woman who are insensitive to what your going through. Trust me I know. Both of my husbands coworkers have pregnant wives. It was so obviously pointed out at the company christmas party which couple was they only one not pregnant. it was so embarassing. Everytime we have to go to a company function its so painfully pointed out that yet again my husband and I are still not PG.

Like all the company functions werent enough my husband and I have to go to all the baby showers this weekend. Its not like Im not happy for them I am but i feel that they are being insensitive about my husband and I. But stressing about it isnt going to do us any good if anything its only going to hurt us. I just keep my head up and hope for a solution. Have you tried seing an RE? You got to be strong. and just remember that alot of us here are going through exactly the samething. Sometimes when i begin to become fustrated  i tell myself a quote somebody told me "Life isnt measured by how many breaths you take but by how many moments take your breath away". I dont know if that helps but I hope it does and Im here if you need to talk. Good luck

• trust me, you are so  not alone.  I have been trying with my husband for 3.5 years now and have had no luck.  Every time I turn around another friend or family is preggo yet again.  My brother has 5 kids, my other brother 2 and my sister 2.  And I am really wondering what is wrong with me?  I completely understand when you say how sad and alone it makes you feel.  I feel like I am missing a piece of me.  There is nothing in this world my husband and I want more right now.

I again could not agree more when you say how sick you are of the JUST RELAX AND STOP TRYING, THEN IT'LL HAPPEN speech.  I get that all the time and I just want to slap the next person that says that because it's not true. We had stopped trying for a long time and still nothing.  Bottom line, you're not alone.  I wish you and yours the best of luck and hope it happens sooner rather than later.

• Loading the player...
  • My favorite thing that a friend (who just had her baby) said to me was "Just go get reallt drunk and have sex in the back of your car, that's how we did it!" lol. you are not alone at all!! I've had 5 friends in the past month get preggo, and they all say "We weren't even trying!" I hate when they say if it's supposed to happen it will...Keep your head up, you're definitely not alone!
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Thank you all for your words of encouragement. It was really nice to be able to just vent. I knew I wasnt the only one going through this and I feel almost embarrassed because most of you have been trying for a lot longer than I have. I think its mainly the frustration of our plan. My husband and I had a five year plan. I wanted to break it a long time ago and he wasnt ready. I didnt want to forse him to I waited. Now its taking us a long time and having everyone under the sun get pregnant doesnt make it easier.

I dont know if I would say they are incensitive they just dont understand how it feel to have to wait. Wanting something more than anything and like one of you said feeling like a part of you is missing. Its just hard.

You will have to forgive me I am so new to this posting stuff I dont even know what RE is lol. I am not good with abrieviations. So what does this mean?

I have a condition called MTHFR that can cause early miscarriages, stoke, heart attack, downs syndrome, and much more. They have me on 4MG of Folic acid 50 of B6 and 100 of B12. This is supposed to help. I have lost two already though. I also have a bleeding disorder called Von Willebrands Disease. They have to watch me closely to make sure I wont hemorage.I dont know how much of a factor these conditions are really having on my trying to conceive, but they are there. So I guess its something to blame. lol

I am sorry that you had to go to a company party and deal with that....I truely know how that feels. My husband is a officer and we have parties with his squad all the time. I had to deal with this last year when there were two wives on the squad pregnant and everyone else has kids. It doesnt feel very good with everyone knowing you are trying and all they can talk about is their pregnancy and the baby. Very tough.

Well I have to go. Thank you again all of you for giving me great advice, and just listening. I really needed that.

Autumn

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"