3rd Trimester

best brand of nursing pads?

Any 2nd time moms that can reccomend what nursing pads to get? Lanisnoh? Avent? Or should I just go with a cheap brand?

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

Re: best brand of nursing pads?

• I was just going to get Lansinoh disposable's. SIL bought me some washable ones but I forgot what kind.
  • I've heard great things about lilypadz, but you have to really keep them clean.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I just got a box of Johnson's. I don't know that it matters much.
  • I got the Johnson & Johnson kind, I think. Blue and white box, got them at Target. I'd tried several others, but NOTHING infuriated me more than sucky non-absorbent nursing pads. One- I really don't remember if it was Medela or Lansinoh- was thin and comfy, but it didn't absorb worth a good goddamn.

And yes, though I nursed for almost 11mos, and haven't for almost 4, it still bugs me. Definitely get the J&J....

• I like the disposables that have the sticky back.  Much thinner for when you're out in public, but still have absorbency.

I hate the thick Medela washable ones, but like the Medela disposables.

• I went off the recommendations on Target's website. The Medela disposables were overwhelming preferred to other brands so I'm trying those first.

• I got the Lansinoh ones off of some other mommy's recommendations.
  • I was told by all my mommy friends that they like medela brand the best--at first I just thought I will get whatevers cheapest but my sister put it to me this way: think back to when you used pads when you were on your period--think of the difference between off brand pads and always brand pads--1 brand feels like you have a huge diaper on while the other isnt very noticable she said its the same w/ breast pads so its worth spending a little more to get name-brand nicer ones
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So far I have tried the Lansinoh and the Medela. The Medela only has one tape strip and doesnt stay in place as well as the Lansinoh which has two tape strips. I also think the Lansinoh feels better not as itch as teh Medela.

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• The first years. I loved them. I never leaked through them, they stuck in place well and had lanalin in them already. I also used Gerber ones but they were not the best, they didn't stay put and once I leaked through. The lansinoh (sp?) ones were thick and I thought slightly uncomfortable. HTH
  • I had bought the Lansinoh ones and went thru the box thinking they were okay, but a friend had given me a box of her Gerber ones and I used those before restocking the Lansinohs and I ended up liking the Gerbers better! The Gerbers were flatter if I remember correctly so didn't look bunched up under my nursing stuff.

• Lanisnoh is what I used.  They were comfortable, I never had milk spots on my shirt, stayed in place, and kept me dry.  They could hold a lot of milk, esp at night when DS started sleeping in longer spurts. 
    ~Married my best friend J March 2004~ ~Mom to 2 busy boys~C-01.18.08 & L-03.23.10~ ~Due with a little girl 02.06.13~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"