Health & Exercise

Pain While Running Anyone?

I just wanted to run this by other runners... I was running short distances a few times a week during the first part of my preg and then didn't go for a run - but still did other things like elliptical, snowshoeing, yoga and weights - for about a month. Last week I decided to go for a run, take it easy and walk as much as I needed to and it went pretty well except about 2/3rds of the way thru I had some pain in my pelvis. More of an ache I guess. Nothing severe but enough that I wasn't able to do much the rest of the day, then the next day it was pretty much gone. This week I wanted to go again and this time felt much better during the run aerobically but again, got some moderate to severe pains near the end and actually had to bend over for a minute to see if that helped. It started to subside but I was extremely sore the rest of the day. Applied a heating pad with my feet up all night and the next day, there was some residual achiness, mostly right between my legs (nice, huh) but it has gotten better and now is almost gone. Ligament pain? Feels like pelvic floor muscles maybe. Going to the doc next week for prenatal so I'll run it by but just wondering if anyone else had something similar?

Re: Pain While Running Anyone?

• I had some pain during my run this morning that felt like ligament pain and subsided during my 5 minute walk break, but that doesn't sound like what it is. Could it have been gas or poop? I get pains/cramps from that sometimes. Or do you think it's your bladder?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It definitely didn't feel like bladder or gas/poop pains at all. It seemed to be lower and a bit... deeper (?) than that. Definitely achy in my pelvic floor afterwards but not sure what that means. What does ligament pain feel like?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmm...well, it used to be a shooting pain on one side (for me, usually my right) that went kind of around my bump. Today it was more of a dull pain on the lower portion of my bump (again mostly to the right), but I wouldn't describe it as my pelvic floor.

Maybe call the Dr's office and ask?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Could it be the ligaments in your pubic bone stretching?  I had some pain like that towards the end of my pregnancy, no fun  :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I am feeling the same pain.  When running, it was just a dull pain and not really pain so I kept going.  After I showered, it became an ache pain, like sore or tight muscles.  Is the pain in the inner hip socket/groin area...like exterior Bajingo area but inside the bikini zone?   I also felt this last week but it did not coincide directly with working out.  At the time, I just contributed it to things stretching out.  It's definitely not the same as the round ligament pain I was feeling. 

Right now it just feels sore, stretching feels great.  I think today will be a yoga and walking day :)

• Yes that sounds really similar. Might be pelvic floor muscles but it's really hard to localize. I'm going for my check up tomorrow so I'll run it by the OB. Still kind of sore, even after yoga and some snowshoeing and I can really feel it when I do inner thigh stretches. I'll post an update tomorrow!
  • Had my prenatal exam today and things are going great - everyone (me and baby) are growing rapidly....

Ran the pain by my OB and he thought it sounded like pelvic floor strain. Right now I'm at a point where my uterus is small enough it can bounce around to cause some pressure while running and big enough to hurt. He thinks I might have to dial back the intensity a bit and stick to walking/power walking or maybe a walk/jog but if the pain happens again and is persistent then I should get checked out. :(

I really want to keep up some good cardio since the scale is creeping up.... but I guess I should be thankful I can do as much as I do and I'm not on bedrest or something. That would be tough...

Hope this helps anyone else in my shoes. 

• I get pain in my pelvis when I run.  It got worse as I got bigger.  There are some support belts I have yet to try.  I took a break from running b/c my back was killing me post run.  My pelvis pain would always subside after walkling for a little bit, so maybe that's something to run by your doc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've honestly been pretty lucky.  I'm still running at 35 weeks.  Only 14 miles/week (3/3/3/5).  I was running farther until my half marathon at 20 weeks.  I've only recently started wearing the gabrialla support belt. 

Sounds like round ligament or pelvic floor pain.

The only pain I have experienced is soreness after my Saturday "long" runs.  I find that I must be squatting more when I run, because the muscles that would hurt if I did squats kill after those Saturday runs.  Makes sense.  I have to work harder to stabilize myself now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"