3rd Trimester

Bruised Feeling Near Belly Button

Does anyone else feel like the area around their belly button is bruised?  I just started noticing this yesterday and it's quite painful!  It's not tenderness from my belly button changing because I have had that, but it really just feels bruised or almost like I pulled a muscle.  I'm guessing it's just another weird growing pain I get to enjoy?

Re: Bruised Feeling Near Belly Button

• i had this feeling around 24-26 weeks because my belly really started to grow then. it no longer feels bruised or over-stretched very often. it must be used to its current state.
  • Mine felt bruised for a while...now it just looks yellowish bruised.  Blech.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had this for awhile now and I have no idea what it is???
  • I actually freaked out last Monday and called my midwife when I felt this. She said it was the muscle/connective tissue stretching( although I say it feels more like ripping!). Her only recomendation was a hot compress and rest. While mine still aches, it feels sooooo much better this week. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine has been feeling like this for a few days now.  Wish I knew some way to make it better!
  • i was having that every day around 5:30 for a few weeks (for the rest of the night).  it must have been stretching b/c it's gone now.  but in the mid-late 20 something weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have had the exact same thing for the last week or so and it is really painful! I feel much better knowing that I'm not the only one getting this. My doc said it's probably ligaments stretching, but I agree with pp, it feels more like ripping!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"