Maryland Babies
Options

Annapolis Pediatrics

I'm trying to decide on a pediatrician, and I'm pretty much settled on Annap. Peds (based on location/hours/insurance).  For anyone who goes there, do you have a specific doctor you'd recommend?  I saw the post below which mentioned Dr. Kim, and was wondering if there were any other popular doctors there...TIA!

Re: Annapolis Pediatrics

• Options

We saw Dr. Kim when DD was born (she was doing rounds in the hospital) and really liked her, but we had met w/ Dr. Corder and had her as our primary doc.  Now she's on a 1 or 2 yr leave of absence (she's a mom, think she's taking time off for her kids?) and we mainly see a nurse practitioner, Kay Gingell, who I love and want to be friends with- she is so sweet!

We have seen and liked Dr. Lester, Dr. Libber and Dr. Fortier.  ETA- we just had DD's chin glued together (she fell down and busted her chin open) by Dr. Rice and he was great to- I had to go onto their website to check his name.   I know some ppl aren't huge fans of Annapolis peds- but DD probably fell @ like 11:15 am and I called and was able to get in to see a doctor @ 11:40 and they took care of her, vs me having to deal w/ the ER.

The only provider we haven't been happy with is an older nurse practitioner- who lectured me about starting rice cereal (I EBF until DD was 6 months old due to history of allergies & asthma on DH's side) @ her 4 month appt.  I was just annoyed by her because it's not like DD had a huge file @ that point and I know it was in her file that we were EBF'ing for that reason, etc.  Also I just thought it made her look out of touch/not familar w/ the AAP's reccs. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all that information!  It's overwhelming picking out a doctor for the baby without really knowing any information!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We also used to see Dr. Corder who is on the leave of absence (she is wonderful).  We now see Dr. White who is really great too!  Dr. Rice is great too.  we have had a good experience - it's easy to get an appt, good locations, hours, etc.  good luck!

• Options
    We primarily see Dr. Fassil, who we like a whole lot, but really we have been happy with everyone we have seen there.
  • Options
    My 28wk6day preemies (now almost 2yrs) who came home on oxygen and montiors and who also had such severe reflux and FTT and are now on feeding tubes see Dr. Turner, but have also been to Dr. Rice, and Dr. Kim and we like all of them. 
  • Options
    Can't say enough great things about Dr. Kim. She's our pedi..and we LOVE her. She's really down to earth and personable. The whole practice is awesome. I've had the dr.'s call me at home on their own time to answer questions I've had. Highly recommend them!! HTH! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"