Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

What veggie should I start with?

I have sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peas and green beans. I'm leaning towards an orange food before a green food but have no real reason for it.

Re: What veggie should I start with?

• Options
    I haven't started yet but the paper my pedi gave me said orange before green.
  • Options

imageS&R2007:

Indifferent  whoops.  

I didn't get a sheet.  

I did this order:  Peas, squash (she loved both), green beans (liked just okay), carrots (not a fan), and pears (also not a fan).

that's all so far

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    well...i did sweet potatoes first and tried green beans today...he HATED the green beans.  I've heard its good to try avocado first.  But i tried just mashing it with a fork and there was still too many lumps for me to feel comfortable with so we tried the green beans instead...fail. lol
  • Options
    imagestaycee:

imageS&R2007:

Indifferent  whoops.  

I didn't get a sheet.  

I did this order:  Peas, squash (she loved both), green beans (liked just okay), carrots (not a fan), and pears (also not a fan).

that's all so far

I didn't get a sheet either! We have done pears and prunes do to a constipation issue. I planned to do veggies before the fruits so I am going to run through the veggies before I do any more fruits

• Options
    With DD1, we did peas first and to this day they are her favorite veggie. We did all the veggies before fruit and didn't give sweet potatoes until right before we started fruit. This helped her not develop a preference for sweet tastes before getting used to ones like peas and green beans.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageCowboysWife04:
    We did all the veggies before fruit and didn't give sweet potatoes until right before we started fruit. This helped her not develop a preference for sweet tastes before getting used to ones like peas and green beans.

that was our plan too. 

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options
    sam loved peas before carrots
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My pedi also said to do all the orange veggies first, then the green veggies and then fruits.  We have tried carrots and squash and he seems to really like both.  We will do sweet potatoes next and then try avacado.
  • Options
    I think we're either going with sweet potatoes or avocado, FWIW.
    Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • Options

We did squash for 3 days and it was a fail. Then we did carrots for a week and she loves them. Then we added apples, not a fan. Then kept on apples and introduced peas at night, loved them. We tried bananas this weekend and she did not like them. I have a strange child she loves the veggies and cannot stand the fruit. We even tried some bananas after her carrots tonight for dinner and she would not eat more than 5 itty bitty bites of bananas (DH screwed up and heated up the bananas instead of the carrots so she got both tonight). We are going to try green beans tomorrow and go back to apples in the morning to see if she may like them. 

Not too sure if a fruit with her morning bottle and a veggie with her evening bottle is ok, but we do go 4 or more days of a new food before adding a different one. So we go back to veggies that she has already had when we introduce a new fruit and vice versa.  

• Options
    wholesomebabyfood.com suggests avocado or sweet potato first

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"