Success after IF
Options

The genetic counseling center FINALLY called!

I got a phone call at 8am this morning to tell me that they got my messages and were booked for the week!  I asked the lady about the cvs test and asked at what point they couldn't do it anymore.  She said they like it done by 13 weeks or sometimes by 13.5 weeks.  In my hours of google research this weekend I never once saw a recommendation of doing the test past 13 weeks.  I reminded her that I am 12w2d pg right now.  She said she'd talk with the doctor and call me back.  About an hour later she called and said we have an appointment Wednessday morning with a scheduled cvs after (we can opt out of the cvs test but they schedule the 2 together).

I'm not sure what we'll do regarding the test but I knew there was no way on earth I was going to wait another week to talk to someone about the results.  I find it VERY unprofessional to give someone vague shitty news and then leave them hanging for days without any information or an appointment in site.  Hopefully we have a much better experience in person than we have up to this point.

Dh flew out of town this morning but he's coming back home tomorrow night so we can go to the appointment together. 

Once again thank you for all of your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
*Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: The genetic counseling center FINALLY called!

• Options
    I am so glad that they called back! YAY! I hope you get some answers soon!!!
  • Options
    I am glad you pushed the issue and are able to get in this week.  I hope you get some more information and answers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad that you have an appt and I hope that you get some answers!!  It really is ridiculous how much of a run around you have been given!!!
  • Options
    I'm so glad they got you in for an appointment this week, Laura!  You could not have waited until next week!  And thank God Dan is coming back tomorrow night so you can go to the appointment together!  I'm hoping for good news for you!  ((hugs))
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That is just nuts!  I wish you the best of luck.  OH, btw, I was looking up something else on Google, and the one thing that came up a lot was Turner Syndrome. By any chance, do they think its that instead of Down's?  It also has a characteristic neck fold.
  • Options
    I'm glad you finally got that phone call. I am glad that you pushed for them to do it this week. I hope you get some better news on Wed. Hugs!!!! 
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagehere4u:
    That is just nuts!  I wish you the best of luck.  OH, btw, I was looking up something else on Google, and the one thing that came up a lot was Turner Syndrome. By any chance, do they think its that instead of Down's?  It also has a characteristic neck fold.

I'm sure Turner Syndrome is a possiblity.  I think that is one of the things they will specify at the appt.  I'm hoping they will give us odds for all possible outcomes so 1:XXX for T18, 1:XX for T13, 1:XXX for T21, and any other issues that it could be.  I know they'll also do a Level II u/s to look for more markers.

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So glad they finally called back!  I hope you get some good news at the appointment!  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Please keep us posted.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I totally agree about how crappy they have been.  I hope the person you meet with is very helpful and much more competent.  I'm glad Dan is going to be back on Wednesday to go with you.   You've been in my T&P all weekend.
  • Options
    Sorry they took so long to get back to you, but I'm glad they were able to fit you in sooner rather than later.  Good luck!  I hope the MFM can provide some answers.
    ~Olivia~
  • Options
    I'm so glad they called.  Keeping you all in my t&p.  (((hugs)))
  • Options
    I am so glad that you were able to get an appointment this week.  I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    It's good you have something schedule now.  Hope you get some answers soon.  I HATE when they make you wait too.  It's very unprofessional.
  • Options

Well, thank goodness they squeezed you in.  I hate the BS that there aren't any openings, there are ALWAYS openings for emergencies.  And yes, you need to have a conversation about what's going on sooner rather than later.

I hope there is some good news later.  Please keep us updated.

• Options
    I'm sorry you're having to go through with this, but glad you're making a bit of progress.  I will keep hoping that you get good news on Wednesday.  Hugs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Options
    Sending prayers your way.  I hope you get some good news on Wednesday.
  • Options
    I've been thinking of you and am so glad to hear you'll be getting some answers soon. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way for good news.
  • Options
    I'm glad you were able to get an appointment this week!!
  • Options
    I'm so glad they finally called you and are getting you in this week.  I'm sending many good thoughts & prayers your way that you get good news!
  • Options
    Just curious, why do you choose CVS over Amnio?  I was told by my Peri to choose Amnio because it is less risky and tests for more things?  Maybe I missed your post?  Either way, best of luck and thoughts and prayers to you. 
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"