Pennsylvania Babies

My Gym/Gymboree

I just read that Gymboree is going out of business.  I'm bummed.  We took Ethan to a 1st bday party at a Gymboree last weekend.  I thought he'd be too young to enjoy the activities but he loved it!

Anyone go to My Gym?  How does it work?  I'm looked at their website and saw the class lists but are there times when you can just go and pay to play?

{Blog}
TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My Gym/Gymboree

• Yep, I'm bummed too. We love our Gymboree membership. Adam goes crazy there with happiness, and the only two times we've done My Gym have led to tantrums because he can't just run around and do what he wants to do. But alas, we're going to be a My Gym family now. I won't miss the drive to Gymboree though!

With My Gym, you can sign up for a class, but take any other classes, as many as you want, a week, which is different from Gymbo. They also have open gym days too. Tamara has been going there for a long time, so she will have more info to add about specific times for open gyms.

Maybe we'll see you there soon!

• I've been taking Connor to MyGym since he was 6 months old, he LOVES it! it's pretty much the same as gymboree, you have a scheduled class but then they also offer free play throughout the week. You can also take the kids to as many classes as you would like so long as you call in advance to make sure there is room.  You do have to be a member to use the gym for free play.  

We plan on stopping classes in the fall when Connor starts  2 day preschool, but since we paid the lifetime membership fee (required)  I can always bring the boys to free play when they arent enrolled in class and play $5.

You can sign up for a free class to check it out and they will give you more information.

I dont know if you are a member of the Y, but the west shore Y has a room to romp program on Thursdays at 10am-11:15.  its $2 and they have gymnastics set up in the gym for the kids to run around and play.  Last time I went they didnt even check my membership card so you might be able to try going anyway.  I think I might go this Thursday if you want to give that a shot.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for all the info!  I think we'll check out a class!

I'd love to go to the Y on Thurs but unfortunately that is one of my work days.

{Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've been thinking about trying a Gymboree class... is it the one in Harrisburg (Colonial Park area) that's closing? Or the whole franchise? I had no idea... thanks for clarifying!
  • SBear, it's the Hburg location that's closing.  A friend of mine in Clarks Summit just signed her daughter up for classes so not all of them are closing.

p.s. I love your sig pics.  Your daughter is adorable!

{Blog}
  • imageChristina617:

SBear, it's the Hburg location that's closing.  A friend of mine in Clarks Summit just signed her daughter up for classes so not all of them are closing.

p.s. I love your sig pics.  Your daughter is adorable!

Booo... I was looking forward to trying them. We're in Hershey, and I think the next closest gym classes are on the West Shore, which is a bit further than I wanted to go. Any others in Hburg that I'm missing?

Thanks for the info, and thanks for the sweet comment... your LO is SO cute!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"