Orange County Babies
Options

baby won't take a bottle

Do you ladies have any suggestions for me?  She sorta/kinda took a Playtex Nurser over the past few weeks and now she's not having it.  We've purchased several other brands of bottles and still nothing.  Getting super stressed seeing that I'll be going back to work soon.  The only other thing I'm going to try is to get the latex nipples and see if that works.  Help!  Thanks!

Re: baby won't take a bottle

• Options

I had the same issue. I tried a ton of different bottles. DD finally took the playtex nursers with the latex nipple on her first day of daycare. Hopefully that will work for you. GL!

• Options

I dont have any first hand experience but I just read this blog about bottles/nipples: https://theheirtoblair.com/2010/01/15/because-harrison-is-manly-enough-to-drink-from-a-pink-bottle/ 

I hope something works for you soon!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try starting at the breast then doing a fast switch to the bottle. I know this has worked for others
  • Options
    I had the same problem with DD just before I returned to work. It was so frustrating!  We tried different bottles, nipples, etc.  What worked for us was to sit DD a certain way. We had to sit with our legs at a 45 degree angle, then propped her in front of us and fed bottle that way. She took it! I'd gotten that tip from someone on the Bump only after trying the "starvation" tactic, which was AWFUL!  I don't recommend that one. We also found with DS that he wouldn't take the bottle from the daycare provider consistently the first two days. What ended up working is putting him in the bouncer or swing and feeding him from the front. If they held him, he wanted to "nurse".  Wish you the best, and I'm sure it'll be fine!!
  • Options
    I

I am a doula and have heard of moms having with this same problem. Sometimes if you use cold breastmilk instead of warm, they take it better.  It may be because they associate the warm milk with mom's breasts.  If he just refuses the bottle all together, then go with a sippy cup. For some reason, this works wonders!

Hope this helps!

Goodluck

Jenney Stringer CD(DONA), HCHD
    Peaceful Birthing Doula Service
    email: jenney@peaceful-birthing.com
    cell: (315) 415-7863

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"