New York Babies

Where to Register?

Any advice/stories on where to register for baby shower, appreciated.  I'm 28wks and need to register asap.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Where to Register?

• I would recommend Giggle and Buy Buy Baby.  Both offer completion programs (% off everything remaining on the registry) after the baby's birth.  I registered for all my things online, however you can do it in store as well.

Buy Buy Baby is a great alternative to Babies R Us - better customer service with the same wide array of products.  Also they have a fantastic return policy - they take anything back they carry in stock as long as it is unused even if you don't have a receipt, for store credit.

Giggle is more expensive but offers a more edited, selected, higher-end assortment of items. 

Hope that helps!

• I registered with Target and Babies R Us online and later in person. We used everything we received. HTH!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was registered at buy buy baby and babies r us. But Target is nice to register...only because they will continue to send you coupons after the baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Buy Buy Baby is incredible - their customer service is AMAZING and the salespeople are actually knowledgeable. I felt that BRU is totally lacking in both of those areas.

I ended up also registering at Pottery Barn Kids at the last minute and wish I had done it sooner. Also, you can create a registry on Amazon.com which I wish I had done - they sometimes have better prices on baby items and most things ship for free.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just registered at Buybuybaby, and at Giggle.  I like the selection of standard stuff at BBB, and the specialty/organic selection at giggle!  I also liked the selection at target, but there isn't one in manhattan, so I thought I should stick to stores I could easily get to for exchanges etc.. I agree with LizzieTim that BRU is very poorly operated, and there was no customer service when we were there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"