1st Trimester
Options

whole unisom or half? Did it make you feel drugged during the day?

I've taken 1 unisom & 50mg B6 for the past 2 nights. I felt much better yesterday. Only m/s around lunch & dinner.

Today I feel like crap. Not really m/s but drugged & tired & weak.

I'm figting sinus crap also so it could be that.

I just saw on google that someone was only taking half unisom.....

Re: whole unisom or half? Did it make you feel drugged during the day?

• Options

I only take half.  It does still make me a little sleepy, but not enough that I can't function.

• Options

When you take it how long do you give yourself to get into bed and then a full nights sleep?

Sometimes only getting 7 hours isn't enough.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Knowing that I never get 8 hours of sleep a night (and am usually up once or twice with my other 2), I only take half a Unisom. I rarely feel like I'm dragging, and after taking it several days in a row, I can definitely tell a difference in the amount of m/s.

Good luck! 

• Options
    I only ever take 1/2, allow myself 8 hrs in bed, and I still wake up groggy. I can't imagine dragging myself out of bed after a whole one.
  • Options
    imagegenniemg:

When you take it how long do you give yourself to get into bed and then a full nights sleep?

Sometimes only getting 7 hours isn't enough.

I took at 8pm both nights. I was off yesterday so I laid on the couch while DD played. Today I got up, took her to daycare & went home & got back in bed until 11:30am. So I'm giving it at least 10 hrs before I need to function!

• Options
    I had been taking a half, when I started taking it b/c of the Dexamethasone I am on that's giving me insomnia.  I had no problems w/ the half dose.  2 nights ago, I started taking a whole Unisom + B6 for nausea, and I am definitely groggier.  I'm scared to go back to a half, b/c my nausea is so bad, and it seems to be helping.  I've heard that the groggy effect tends to wear off, the longer you take it, so I may give it another week. 
    TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have taken both a half as well as whole Unisom and prefer a half b/c I do not feel as groggy in the morning.  I think the key is allowing yourself enough time to sleep when you take a whole (like 9 hours +).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"