Alabama Babies

Morning Sickness

I am in morning sickness hell!  I am sick from the time I wake up and go to bed.  I woke up this morning and thew up 4 times between 5-6:30.  I have tried eating crackers and dry cereal but nothing seems to help.  I want to feel normal again.  I plan on calling my doctor to see if she can call me in something.  Sorry, I needed to vent this morning! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Morning Sickness

• Thankfully, I've just had severe nausea, but none of the tips and trick I got helped me for more than a day or two.  I was barely eating, so my doctor prescribed me Zofran.  It doesn't make it go away completely, but I can at least eat a mostly normal diet.  He also has me taking one Unisom at night, since it is supposed to help as well.

The non medicinal things that work best for me are hard candy and really really cold drinks.  I'm trying to drink mostly water, but I don't feel bad if I have a really cold Sprite or sweet tea every now and then.

I hope you get some relief soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• awww, i'm so sorry! :( luckily i never had m/s, but i did have *extreme* hunger and some food aversion. so it was really hard for me to figure out what to eat when nothing sound good. bleh. and i was eating about every hr (seriously). i hope you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • The doctor should call you in some Zofran.  They did for me when I first got sick. The Zofran helped me out a lot!

Also what helped a lot was eating several smaller meals.

I hope you feel better soon!

• ask for Zofran ( or the generic version) and EAT.  I know its awful.  If you have any cravings for anything, eat that.  What helped me was eating and not let my self get hungry.  The zofran was a lifesaver, it would ward the nausea off long enough for me to eat - and then I would be half ok.  It sucked though.

I lived off of cottage cheese, watermelon, easy mac and soft taco supremes.  Hang in there!  

• ditto Zofran.  I was on it from 6 weeks-40 weeks due to severe severe severe morning sickness.  That was the only thing that helped me somewhat function during the day.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"