2nd Trimester
Options

How to prepare for NT scan?

I keep reading mixed things- drink lots of water, drink a soda, eat a big meal, etc...  Uggghhh...  I will be exactly 12 weeks when I go in.  Any advice on what I should or should not do to make this work?  I do not want to have to go twice.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to prepare for NT scan?

• Options
    Great  Also, did anyone find out the gender at this screening and was it accurate for later ultrasoiunds?
  • Options
    I drank a glass of water before I left for the appointment. And then during the consultation, right before the u/s, they had me drink another glass of water.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told I didnt need to do anything.  My LO didnt want to move from the position it was in though. But it worked out fine.  GL
  • Options

imageiristony:
    Great  Also, did anyone find out the gender at this screening and was it accurate for later ultrasoiunds?

12 weeks is too early in most cases to be able to check for the gender. My doctor wouldn't even check at the NT scan.

• Options
    There really is no prep unless they told you differently.  Our tech wouldn't even guess at gender (not that we asked her to) she just mentioned that it was too early to tell.  I was 12 wks 4 days.
  • Options

Mine guessed at gender (she guessed 98% BOY on Baby B, undecided on A) but I won't find out if she's right for a few more weeks!

I wasn't told to do anything to prepare, but I did drink a bottle of water just in case!

Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My appointment was in the morning and I just did my normal breakfast routine, nothing special. I didn't need a full bladder or anything. And my tech did guess at the gender - and she ended up being correct!! I thought for sure she was wrong, but low and behold, we are having a boy like she said!
  • Options

Mine was today and on the information sheet I was given it said to drink 32 oz of water an hour before the appointment. I did that and ended up having an over filled bladder. My scan didn't work because the baby was on its head. I don't get to go back to have it redone.

The tech said it was too early to determine the sex. 

• Options
    I didn't do anything to prep.  Mine was in the morning, so I just ate breakfast as normal.  The tech told me it wasn't necessary to drink anything extra for any of my ultrasounds.  The doctor guessed 80% boy at the NT Scan and she was right!  It was confirmed last week. 
  • Options
    I had my appointment in the morning and didn't do anything to prep...just ate my normal breakfast. The doctor actually preferred not having a full bladder. No guesses at the sex either.
  • Options

imageiristony:

No prep for me, he was facing away so she spent a good amount of time trying to get him to turn and he eventually cooperated!  She guessed boy at the scan and we found out she was right at our big u/s last week! 

Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • Options
    I didnt have one but my friend was 13 weeks at hers and the tech guessed girl and she was right!
    *Michelle* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"