Infertility
Options

Low AMH levels, need advice!

Hello Ladies.. I just rec'd a call from my RE's nurse with the results of my AMH test and other blood work.
AMH was 0.3
FSH was 9.6
E2 was 35

She wants me to come consult with the RE next Monday, from what I am reading on the internet that AMH level is NOT GOOD.. Anyone else have this issue and have success with IVF?

Thanks

Re: Low AMH levels, need advice!

• Options

I was at a .64 (which is borderline low), and am going through my first IVF right now. My retrieval's not till tomorrow, but so far it seems like I'm producing some good follies.

Your other numbers aren't terrible, so I wouldn't give up hope yet! Like so many other things, AMH is just one indication of ovarian reserve. I wish you the best of luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm sorry you got this news.  I know how stressful getting all of these numbers can be!  I think a lot of it will depend on your antral follicle count and your age.  It seems like you have to look at everything together, and even then, the situation in reality could be much worse or much better than the numbers suggest.  It may just be a matter of putting you on a more aggressive protocol if your ovarian reserve is compromised. 

Unfortunately, it seems like they can't really tell the quality and quantity of eggs that you are capable of producing until you do IVF.  And what an expensive and intense way to figure out what's going on!  Ugh.  I wish you the best!

TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My AMH was on the low side at .7.  My FSH was normal, however at 6.7.  I do have a low AFC of 9, which made sense when the AMH came back low.  For IVF, I was on a pretty high dose of stims (600iu x 2 days, then 450 x 7 days), and was only on Lupron for 7 days prior to stims to prevent over suppression.  I was then switched to Ganirelix.  We got 7 follicles to grow and retrieved 5 mature eggs.  3 fertilized normally, and we had 2 good looking embryos on day 3.  Your age comes into play, as well.  I am 34 and my numbers have been low since I was 31.  I remember asking this question on SAIF, and there were some other ladies who had success w/ low AMH also.  It's not a death sentence....just means you need a specialized protocol.  Good luck!!
    TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was just diagnosed with a low AMH as well. My FSH is in normal range however my RE is leaning toward donor eggs. I have done 3 IVFs all cancelled on day 5 stims.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. sorry I am just now getting back to this.. I lost it some how LOL...
    I have a consult with my RE on Monday 01/11/10 to discuss our next steps so I will let you all know what we decide.. thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"