Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Moms of babies who have had thrush-was excessive spit up a symptom?

DD has a layer of what I thought might have been BM on her tongue but I tried to get it off with a gauze pad today and I don't think it's BM anymore.  She does have some red bumps on her bottom, which is new, and we use desitin at every diaper change and has also had A LOT of very excessive spit up the past 2 days-tons after almost every feeding-it smells like vomit so it might not even meet the definition of spit up.  I myself have a lot of pain on one breast in particular and I feel the pain when not nursing. 

I plan to call the doctor in the morning but just wondering if anyone's LO had excessive spit up when he/she had thrush.   I feel AWFUL for her.  Thanks.

BFP #1: 3/28/09: DD born 12/11/09
BFP #2: 11/16/11: M/C at 7 weeks
BFP #3: 03/24/12: C/P 03/28/12
BFP #4: 04/26/12: please be our baby

Re: Moms of babies who have had thrush-was excessive spit up a symptom?

• Options
    I didn't notice excessive spit-up when DD showed symptoms of thrush. Sometimes the thrush seems to bother her--maybe increased fussiness around the time we noticed the white bumps. At other times, she seems oblivious and behaves normally.
  • Options

I didn't notice any extra spit-up, but DD had a white coating on her tongue that didn't easily come off. I researched it and realized that was a symptom of thrush. Also, and I know this sounds weird, but her breath smelled like bread dough. Thrush is an overgrowth of yeast, so I guess that makes sense.

I felt really guilty about not recognizing what she had, especially when the pedi told us it was the worst case of thrush she'd ever seen:( The good news is, the medicine started helping almost immediately, literally within a few hours. So try not to worry, and call the doctor tomorrow!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"