North Carolina Babies
Options

Anyone tried the "Bella Band"?

If you have tried this band that helps you "extend your wardrobe" during and after pregnancy, please let me know if it works! I don't want to buy one without some feedback on it. It claims that it will hold your pre-maternity pants up and snug with them unbuttoned. Not so sure I believe it!

Also, if you know where I can find them to try out locally, in the Concord Mills or University area, please do tell. I'm not too sure on ordering online without trying on!

I'm a teacher, and eight weeks along, so I don't need them just yet...trying to stretch out my dress pants until capri season! Unfortunately, this winter seems like it's going to drag on freezing cold until April!!!

Thanks for feedback on this product and where to buy!

Re: Anyone tried the "Bella Band"?

• Options
    I had one (it was a different brand, but the same thing). Most maternity stores have them. They worked for me before I fit into maternity pants. I was able to wear my scrub bottoms (draw string pants) the entire pregnancy because the band kept them up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You can find the same type of thing at Motherhood and other maternity stores. I really loved mine. I also wore PP while my weight was going down to hold up my maternity pants! It was great. I do highly recommend it!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

target sells them. it will either be in the maternity section or with the nursing bras in the bra section.

i really liked mine, and actually still use it to help extend my wardrobe with my ever increased hips lol.  it also helps hold my pump up for hands free pumping!  so its VERY versitle! it even works as a strapless bra (not that supportive, but very comfy!)

i used them in the beginning to wear my non maternity pants and then when my maternity pants were too big to stay up it helped with that, and like i said i wear it now to wear my prepreg pants that are still too small.

• Options

I'm using the Bella Band and the Be Band (Bella Band's cheaper version for Target). Although it's a little more expensive, I prefer the Bella Band because it's made better. The Be Band had loose seams after a few weeks, while the Bella band is still in great shape.

I really think either is worth the money because there is no way I could go straight into maternity clothes (at nearly 17 weeks I still can't wear most maternity pants because they're too big), yet my regular clothes are way too tight.

Tip: Tuck one end of the band into your pants, then fold the other end over the top of your pants. I find that I adjust it much less when I wear it like that, rather than doubling it over and wearing all of it on the outside of my pants. (I really hope that makes sense!)

• Options
    I got the Be Band at Target (back w/ the maternity clothes) and I still use it (though not quite as often anymore...) I used it all summer (during the first tri and early 2nd) to avoid having to buy new work clothes and now use it to reinforce the lame full panel on my maternity jeans. I foresee some post-partum usage as well. In my experience, the be band was great. My SIL did loan me her old (generic) bella bands which were REALLY poor quality, so beside those, the be band is great! It got the job done, and still is.
  • Options
    I ordered the real Bella Band online just in black and I used it a lot, usually with jeans or dress pants to work and it did help. After a while it became constricting and I moved up to real maternity clothes, but I would for sure say you get your moneys worth!
  • Options

I loved loved loved mine. I used it earlyish in pregnancy to keep wearing non-maternity pants (could wear then unbuttoned with this over them to keep them up).

You can wear it later in pregnancy as a bridge between your too short shirts and the tops of your pants so you don't have belly hanging out.

I actually still wear mine around my chest now when I have a shirt that is too low cut.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    Funny enough, I whipped mine back out last week for a little bit of extra warmth even though I'm not pregnant. ?I LOOOOOOOOOOVED mine and wore it a lot.
  • Options
    Thanks, everybody for the great feedback! Guess I'll need to get a couple of these for sure!
  • Options

I love mine as well.  I have 3 total...the actual Bella Band is my favorite and the BeBand from Target is pretty good.  But I hate the one from Motherhood.  It's one size fits all and quickly lost its shape. 

Another tip is to put on the band before your pants.  I also tuck one end under the waist band and fold the other end over the top.  It prevents it from riding up too much in the back.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"