Eco-Friendly Family

Why must all good Mexican recipes contain cilantro?

Crying

I just looked at the enchilada recipe Kel posted...and it calls for cilantro.  No can do. 

Re: Why must all good Mexican recipes contain cilantro?

• Maybe you could sub parsley?  The curly kind? Not a straight sub by any means but I wouldn't let it stop me from making those enchiladas!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just leave it out. I always think of it more as a garnish anyway.
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you allergic? If you are, my sympathies!

I just leave it out a lot b/c DH hates it.

• imagePaisleyDuke:

Are you allergic? If you are, my sympathies!

I just leave it out a lot b/c DH hates it.

I am allergic and even the littlest bit makes me super sick. Sad

• Try pioneer womans chicken enchilatas recipe- holy my word they are SO good! I hate cilantro so I know these are cilantro free... And soooo cheesy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • All the cilantro does is cool the enchilada sauce down a bit. So you could either leave it out or you could sub in something that would cool it down. It's not going to ruin the dish. I might actually leave it out next time.
  • imagejwpbride:
    Try pioneer womans chicken enchilatas recipe- holy my word they are SO good! I hate cilantro so I know these are cilantro free... And soooo cheesy.

This was actually the recipe that Kel posted.  But I think I am going to try it anyway and just leave out the icky puking herb.  If all it does is cool down the sauce then I think I'll just reduce the amount of heat and maybe add in some parsley instead.  There may be hope yet! Wink

• imageHippinski:

imagejwpbride:
    Try pioneer womans chicken enchilatas recipe- holy my word they are SO good! I hate cilantro so I know these are cilantro free... And soooo cheesy.

This was actually the recipe that Kel posted.  But I think I am going to try it anyway and just leave out the icky puking herb.  If all it does is cool down the sauce then I think I'll just reduce the amount of heat and maybe add in some parsley instead.  There may be hope yet! Wink

The enchilada recipe I posted has beef in it, not chicken. These are her chicken enchiladas.

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/11/white-chicken-enchiladas/ 

• imagekelbrian:
    imageHippinski:

imagejwpbride:

The enchilada recipe I posted has beef in it, not chicken. These are her chicken enchiladas.

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/11/white-chicken-enchiladas/ 

Opps!  Thank you. Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"