Northern California Babies

He's here!

I haven't written up a birth story yet but wanted to give you all an update.

I started having back pains (back labor) and started timing the contractions around 1:30 am Monday morning (12/28, my due date). By 8:00 am the contractions were 5 mins apart so we went to the hospital. I was dilated 2 cms and they told me I could either stay or go home and come back once they get more intense. We decided to go home. Once home, I felt like they were a lot more intense so we ate lunch then turned around and went back to the hospital, this was around 3:00 pm. I was 3 cms at that point and was staying at the hospital .

I'm still a little foggy on the details and sleep deprived :) but basically they broke my water, started me on pitocin and gave me an epidural. During contractions, his heart beat dropped lower than they wanted it too and took some time to get back up so they stopped the pitocin. After they stopped my pitocin they decided to see how I was progressing. I had gone from a 7 to about a 5 - they said my cervix was swelling. At this point it was 3:00 am Wed morning, I hadn't even tried to push yet. They told me they thought it was best to go ahead and have a c-section. So about 15 mins later on 12/29, Charlie was born via c-section and weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 19 inches long. I had a feeling it could have turned out this way because my Dr. warned me of my small pelvis. Turns out this guy wasn't too big afer all, but he still wasn't going to fit.

We love this guy to pieces and getting used to this sleep deprivation thing! We are in the hosptial until Saturday. I will post pics when I can. They are all currently on DH's computer.

Happy new year!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: He's here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"