3rd Trimester

Things you feel strongly about..No flames ladies!

2»

Re: Things you feel strongly about..No flames ladies!

• Wow...I don't have a big list of dos and don'ts....other than it's our kid and we'll learn what's best for him/us.
  • 1.  I will not feel guilty about going back to work no matter how hard my mother tries to make me feel that way.

2.  Once LO is a little older, I will not freak out about germs/make people sanitize their hands/worry about kissing/etc.  I think the reason kids have so many more allergies now than in the past is because they are protected from the environment so much.

3.  NO TV until past age 2.  After that, still very limited TV watching.

Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecola.crockett:
    imageanabell0920:
    imagemadameprimm:

1. I will not be reading any books or trying to follow any of these BS parenting methods. I will learn what works for Gia as we go through it and take the advice of my family if I need it.

2. I believe that stomach sleeping is ok, and in most cases babies sleep better and longer that way. It's all about watching your child.

3. Every little cry or whimper doesn't require attention. Babies just cry and fuss sometimes.

4. If your baby's head is misshapen from birth you should shape it so they won't have a horrible looking head as they get older.

No flames but how do you shape a baby's head?

My question too. My little one was born yesterday with a little cone head and we've done nothing to "shape" it and it's perfectly normal today Big Smile

the head will shape itself lol. theres no need to "shape" the head. it probably causes more harm than good. those bones are not connected for that reason

lol i know people who have tried shaping their kids' heads and in my head, i'm thinkin "wow, didn't really do a good job" lol but hopefully no one on here who shapes their babies heads wont have that problem

• imageLittleMamaB:
    I will not limit us with "I would never" or "the baby won't" statements...I will do what feels right for this baby.

Ditto this and the person who said "never say never." I was adamant that DS1 would never sleep in bed with us, but the child would not sleep alone at first. So he slept with us for 2 months and then very easily transitioned to a crib. I'm a big fan of doing what works as a parent. 

imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • imagecola.crockett:
    imageanabell0920:
    imagemadameprimm:

1. I will not be reading any books or trying to follow any of these BS parenting methods. I will learn what works for Gia as we go through it and take the advice of my family if I need it.

2. I believe that stomach sleeping is ok, and in most cases babies sleep better and longer that way. It's all about watching your child.

3. Every little cry or whimper doesn't require attention. Babies just cry and fuss sometimes.

4. If your baby's head is misshapen from birth you should shape it so they won't have a horrible looking head as they get older.

No flames but how do you shape a baby's head?

My question too. My little one was born yesterday with a little cone head and we've done nothing to "shape" it and it's perfectly normal today Big Smile

I'm a postpartum RN and "shaping" a baby's head is just an old wive's tale. You DO NOT have to "shape" a baby's head. It will naturally return to normal after birth.

Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • imageLittleMamaB:

To play devil's advocate...I've known people to massage baby's head to "shape" it as well. It's not like they are pushing on it like it's clay or anything...just lightly massaging. I really don't see why people think this is such a big deal. 

I already knew that the way I described it sounded way worse than the actual method so fail on my part.

To the other ladies who say the baby's head naturally goes back to shape that really isn't always the case. I've seen too many cases of it not happening, and I always feel bad for those people. Of course it's more noticeable in men who keep their heads bald or really close to it.

Cheers to babies with pretty, round heads!

• imagemadameprimm:
    imageLittleMamaB:

To play devil's advocate...I've known people to massage baby's head to "shape" it as well. It's not like they are pushing on it like it's clay or anything...just lightly massaging. I really don't see why people think this is such a big deal. 

I already knew that the way I described it sounded way worse than the actual method so fail on my part.

To the other ladies who say the baby's head naturally goes back to shape that really isn't always the case. I've seen too many cases of it not happening, and I always feel bad for those people. Of course it's more noticeable in men who keep their heads bald or really close to it.

Cheers to babies with pretty, round heads!

LMAO Men with bald "misshapen" heads are not because their parents didn't "shape" their heads when they were an infant. That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Thanks for the laughs!

Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
  • imageMarce921:

LMAO Men with bald "misshapen" heads are not because their parents didn't "shape" their heads when they were an infant. That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Thanks for the laughs!

You are welcome m'lady. *Puts jester cap back on and prances away* 

• 1. My child will be vaccinated according to the alternate schedule in the Dr. Robert Sears Vaccine book. 

2. Both DH and I are EXTREMELY hot blooded, so much so I went into PTL because of overheating.  LO may or may not be hot blooded, but so help me god if one person says I'm abusing my child by not putting layer after layer after layer on my child I will scream.  I broke out in heat rash on the way home from the hospital when my parents brought me home for the first time, and have had problems since.  I'm the only person who can freaking over heat in the damn snow! Go figure, I'm a freak of nature!

3. My child will sleep in the same cradle I slept in that my grandfather made for me. It's kept right next to our bed, and she'll stay in it for at least 3m.

4. I will try to breast feed, and will seek help if I can't get it to work. If even after that I can't get things to work, I will pump until she's 6m, and then if formula is needed so be it.

5. My child will not get a seperate menu. She will not be allowed to pull the sh*t I did, or my DH. DH doesn't eat salad, fish, most veggies, any fruit, etc. My LO will eat everything, and DH has been informed that his eating habbits have to change.  I refuse to make more than one meal.

• imagernfromtn:

1. I do not want every(or any) member of the extended family kissing my baby on the mouth. Gross!

2. Yes, I am using a breathable bumper and a sleep sack.

3. My baby will not be sleeping in the bed with us.

4. Despite what others say, my baby will be sleeping in an heirloom cradle.  Over thirty other babies have slept in it, mine will be just fine.

I agree 100% with you on #1. I hate it when I see other family members kissing baby in the mouth. I mean isn't the cheek ok... PLEASE KEEP YOUR LIPS AWAY FROM MY KIDS LIPS. May sound rude... But That is one of my BIGGEST no no's...oh ...and please wash your hands... THANKS...

Wink

• neither my parents or my ILs will drive my child anywhere.

No visitors for the first hour/hour and a half after the baby is born. If you want to come and sit in the waiting room at 3am by all means go ahead but know that you are not getting in to see LO as soon as he/she is born

My MIL will not be visiting me every day or every other day of my maternity leave. She can come by once a week at most.

No soda and limited junk food for my child. My nieces on my DH's side of the family eat way too much junk and I won't allow my IL's to feed it to my child

My child will eat what they are given, will try a variety of foods and will not get a 'special' meal. I want them eating veggies, fish, etc from the get go.

My child will always be in a secure, state regulated carseat while traveling in a car. I don't care 'if you survived just fine' back when you were a child. I had a niece die in a car accident at age 2 and will never compromise on this.

I will not let my marriage go by the wayside once our LO is born. My DH and I have been through a lot and have worked very hard to build the solid relationship that we have and we will continue to make time 'for us'. I refuse to become a couple who's relationship is based solely on being parents.

That said, my child will be exposed to 'adult' things such as vacations and dinners out from an early age. I will not stop doing the things I love now that I'm a parent.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"