Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Baby's first sleepover = FAIL

So DH & I talked (regarding our marriage, wanting to keep things positive, spend time with each other, not argue, etc) and planned a NYE date. My mom offered to take DS overnight. They only live 2 miles away so even though I felt nervous about being away from him all night, I said yes. We made a lovely dinner, I had lobster, he had steak. We drank wine, ate chocolate cake, and we even did IT (which is a huge deal for us if you've read any of my previous posts). It hurt but was better than the only 2 other times we've done it postpartum and frankly, it was nice being so close to him.

I decided to give my mom a call to see how things were going and DS was screaming in the background. My mom said he'd been that way, real tears and all, for 45 minutes to an hour and nothing they did could calm him, not a bottle, not walking around, not rocking. I felt awful and we decided to go pick him up. We walked in and he was actually whimpering he was so upset :( I picked him up and got him in the carseat and the little stinker smiled at me!!! I think he just wanted his mama :) We got him home and he nursed and now he's passed out on my lap. I guess he wasn't ready to spend the night away from me. I'm not sure I was either... 

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
~DD Born! 2013~
~DD due! 2015~

Re: Baby's first sleepover = FAIL

• Well it sounds like u had a nice night anyway.
  • imageorleyl:
    Well it sounds like u had a nice night anyway.

Yeah, we did :) It was nice spending time as a couple, not just as parents. 

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I agree it sounds like you got all the fun couple stuff in, and now can go back to being parents... only thing missing is sleep, so hopefully your LO tuckered himself out for the night!
  • Aww I don't think I could leave my DS overnight either.  Glad you at least got to enjoy a little bit of time together. 
  • It gets better- I promise! You just need to have sleepovers more often. My daughter has been sleeping over at my mom and dad's about once a week on average since she was about a month old or so. I would have to look at her calendar to see when the first time was. She is really used to it now and does great! I have to travel sometimes for work, so we made sure to start early. Practice makes perfect. 
  • Awwww well it sounds like the first part of your night was fun!  Sometimes all they want is momma - I haven't left LO with anyone other than DH yet and that was only for 3 hours during the day - couldn't imagine doing a sleepover!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker 
      image image
  • aw :( - at least you had a nice few hours!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"