3rd Trimester

If you have heartburn, do you also feel like you are about to puke all the time?

Do you also feel like you are on the verge of throwing up?

I have had heartburn for about 2 months, but not that badly. Since Boxing Day it has kicked into high gear and been constant, every time I eat I get heartburn and I have it all night long.

I have also felt for several days like I am about to puke. I don't feel sick to my stomach, I just feel in my throat like vomit is about to shoot up at any minute. 

Everyone tells me "oh I felt like throwing up teh day I went into labor" but I don't think that it's my body getting ready for labor seeing as I am still here and have felt this way for at least 4 days. I am wondering if it's connected to the heartburn?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you have heartburn, do you also feel like you are about to puke all the time?

• Oh, I remember doing this too!!! My mouth would get all watery & my throat would be on FIRE & it was like I could actually feel the acid sitting between my chest & in my throat...

The ONLY thing that worked for me was to drink coke, eat 4 tums, & sit up for a bit... Oh, and don't lay down for about 30 min after eating...

DH had to give me a bucket in the hospital bc I thought I was going to puke due to heartburn... YUCK!

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes, I have liquid puke in my throat all the time.  Not even nauseated, but ready to vomit.  I had this same exact crap with #1 too and I had it awful while pushing her out...it left the second she did!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Yes I feel like Im going to puke when I have HB

2. What is Boxing day?

• Sometimes my heartburn actually does cause me to throw up a little bit. It's disgusting.
  • imageBreezie17:
    Yes, I have liquid puke in my throat all the time.  Not even nauseated, but ready to vomit.  I had this same exact crap with #1 too and I had it awful while pushing her out...it left the second she did!

This well except for the DD number one part

• So glad I am not the only one! I have been feeling like I am about to hurl at any second for several days now, and it's really not much fun.
  • Sounds like you're having reflux. There are Rx meds your OB can give you if it's that bad. I'm thinking about asking for some soon for the same reason.

So far Pepcid Complete chewable tablets (I have mint...my friend called the berry flavor ass_berry so I avoided it) have been helping a little, but I think not for much longer.

• Ya, but then I went past the puke feeling to feeling like I'm going to just have an effing heart attack. I've been eating at least 4 tums a day lately.

Doesn't help that I've had bad acid reflux pre-pregnancy.

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • I constantly have a throat full of acid.  It is horrible.  Twice I have actually choked in my sleep on the acid.  I can't wait for this little preggo fun to end.

• YES. A few weeks ago I started getting heartburn every time I eat. It's especially bad at night, and I actually have ended up throwing up a few times.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I lived with heart burn for half the pregnancy.  The best thing I did was get a perscription from my Doc!

There were days that my Heartburn made me break into a sweat and then I knew the puke was coming.  It was horrible!

March 21, I find out how far along we are. :)
  • Yep. I also had wicked heartburn during L & D and threw up several times because of it.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • omg I hate heartburn... It's the absolute worst think about being pregnant to me.... I feel like my throat is on Fire... and I always feel like I'm gonna throw up.. .and actually did twice..blahhhh I just want it to go away
  • image1momma:

2. What is Boxing day?

Boxing Day is the day after Christmas (the 26th) and the day there are many many sales here. Kind of like your Black Friday.  (and yes I feel on the verge of puking too with heartburn - that's why I'm up now)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have felt queasy on days I've gotten heartburn, but never actually vomited.  Sometimes I think I eat too much in a meal and that sets things off too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agree with the pp...acid reflux. Mine has been horrible this pregnancy. I can't eat anything without getting it : (
  • Yep and it has only gotten worse. TMI: I throw up in my mouth almost every time I burp, especially after eating or drinking something. SO GROSS! I can't wait for my stomach to go back to where it's supposed to be.
  • agree with the acid reflux diagnosis...I have struggled with this too...it sucks...definitely worse at nite....been doing the pepcid AC..generic...and it has helped soooo much!!  GL!
  • I am so glad I found this post! I've been up since 3 this morning because of this exact same feeling. I've been on Prilosec for the heartburn, and it helped for about 2 weeks. But, now it really doesn't do much. But the vomit/acid feeling has gotten way worse and I kept running for the toilet last night and all I could do was hack. I'll be checking with the doc asap to see what she'll let me take.
  • This actually just happened to me last night.  I have never actually thrown up until then.  I couldn't even make it to the bathroom and puked in bed.  It usually starts by waking up because I'm choking on the acid and then suddenly here comes the fireworks.  It's the most terrible feeling ever and I'm hoping I can't be the only one who also loses a little urine throughout the hack session.  So GROSS!
  • I have this every night!! Tums and water are the only things that work for me, oh and sitting up for a while...good luck with it, hope it gets better!!
    Jessie Rose was born on 01/26/10 at 37wks, she weighed 7.9lbs and was 19" long! Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"