3rd Trimester

Laundry question...NBR

So I wore my white belly band under a new purple shirt the other day and now my band is "stained" a pink color from bleeding of colors. I'm terrible at laundry situations such as this, so I bleached it...... Now it has bad yellow spots ALL over it!!! I wouldn't worry too much but sometimes you can see my belly band... I wear it like a layered undershirt.

Anywho, can you get this yellow out??? I didn't dry it just in case... TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Laundry question...NBR

• let it soak in bleach for an hour or so...that normally works for me...then throw it in the washer in the rinse cycle

• It's hard or damn near impossible to undo bleach damage.  :-/ You can try to wash it again with an extra rinse cycle.  Next time, try vinegar in the rinse cycle and some oxy clean to try to get the pink out!  And get some oxyclean - you'll need it for stains and bleach can be really tricky to work with for the laundry challenged. ;-) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Put the belly band in boiling water and add oxiclean.  Do it over the sink or in a really big pot, because the oxiclean reacts a lot with hot water (think baking soda and vinegar reaction).  Don't know if it will work for bleach damage, but it has worked wonders on other stains and gotten out things that I tried everything else to get out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"