Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I still get sad about not BFing

I cant believe after 3.5 mos I still feel sad about it. I tried to

Re: I still get sad about not BFing

• awwwww, just keep in mind that at this point it does not matter. DD is here, happy and healthy. Thats what matters. And if its something you really wanted to do just know you tried. ::HUGS::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ((hugs)) I'm right there with you.  I still get upset about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Dammit, posted before I finished...

I cant believe after 3.5 mos I still feel sad about it. I tried to BF for the first month but I had supply issues. I had to supplement in the hospital due to LO losing too much and then had to continue to supplement. Then I tried pumping and BF. I would pump 4 times and would get 2 oz, not even enough for 1 feeding. I had a hard recovery from my c-section and PPD and think that effected my supply. I went on meds for PPD and completely stopped trying. Everytime I see a post about BF, I still want to cry or have intense jealousy for those that get to BF. Sigh, I thought it would have gone away by now.

• I'm there with you too. I really wish I could have but I had everything go wrong just like you (supply issues, c-section, healing, etc) including a complete remodel of the downstairs of the house which included the kitchen, dining room and living room. Way wrong time for my boyfriend to be doing it.
  • I'm sorry.  Sad  What matters most, though, is that your baby is okay.  I know how you feel.  I do BF, but not exclusively.  I think how nice it must be to, but it's nothing you've done.  So don't feel guilty. The nurses in postpartum were horrible.  I felt like it was my fault, like I had done something wrong.  Then DD had to go to CHOC and the lactation consultants there basically told me I"m a crappy mom for deciding to give her formula, although the nurses told me if I didn't do that, they'd have to give her an IV.  So after that, I just felt like CRAP, but now after all that, she's healthy, and that's all we can ask for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"