Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I prayed this wouldnt happen...and it did

I am at my wits end here. This was my first week back to work after being off for 12 weeks. My DD is 3 mo. I have noticed that each day i get home from work DD would take a while to "warm up" to me. This shocked me because we bonded so well since birth and i kept her basically attached to my hip the whole 12 weeks. Tonight I have just hit my brick wall of frustration and guilt. Everytime I go to cuddle her or pick her up she screams and cries like never before. What is going on here? I feel like she doesnt know me anymore or doesnt want to be around me anymore. I feel like total garbage and so depressed. What have I done? Why is she acting like this? what a horrible way to ring in the new year:(-

Re: I prayed this wouldnt happen...and it did

• Maybe its not about u. Around 3 mos they like to be left alone sometimes, I notice dd does this, she just wants to lay down or play by herself. I dont think its her snubbing u., Either that or she is just adjusting to the change. Try not to be sad.
  • I'd say give it some time too. My DD just turned 3 months on Wednesday and all of a sudden she is all about me (I work too). She'll tolerate other people holding her and playing with her, but then starts to get fussy and just wants mama. I think they things go in cycles.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO does this too and it breaks my heart! I thought he would be so happy to see me when I got home but he totally ignores me.  So upsetting.  He also refuses to nurse in the evenings on the days that I work.  I hope he snaps out of it soon. It sucks. He seems pretty normal the next morning though and all is back to normal the days I am off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"