Babies: 0 - 3 Months

ArGgg! Spoiled BM

ArGg! I am so frustrated! I pumped like 4 oz last night around 11pm and I refrigerated it. Well I took it out of the fridge about 2 hours ago and started to warm it up in warm water but DD was asleep so I took it out of the water and let it warm up by room temp. When I went to go feed DD the bottle and it was spoiled!!!! WTH! I thought BM was good for 24hrs refrigerated and good for 4 hours room temp! This sucks big time! Especially cause I have been having supply issues! What did I do wrong????

Re: ArGgg! Spoiled BM

• How do you know it was spoiled? Did your baby reject it? milk that comes out of the fridge and warms up will always have a slightly sour smell.

Bro, but look how many ants are on this trash can...
    Zach Rance 4 President

• I don't know what you did wrong. I thought the same thing you did about it being good for four hours!

I have similar supply problems and I was just getting ready to post my own vent about throwing out breastmilk, so I feel your pain. Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRogue Lily:
    How do you know it was spoiled? Did your baby reject it? milk that comes out of the fridge and warms up will always have a slightly sour smell.

This.  Always try to give your re-heated milk to your LO.  Breastmilk that has been cooled simply smells different.  If it's actually spoiled you will know -- in a gagging, stomach churning, way.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRogue Lily:
    How do you know it was spoiled? Did your baby reject it? milk that comes out of the fridge and warms up will always have a slightly sour smell.

it was curdled :( it didn't have a smell

• imageGypsyEsq:

imageRogue Lily:

This.  Always try to give your re-heated milk to your LO.  Breastmilk that has been cooled simply smells different.  If it's actually spoiled you will know -- in a gagging, stomach churning, way.

yeah i know about the sour smell but my bm was curdled reaaaallly bad..but it didn't have a foul smell.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"