Toddlers: 24 Months+

Black dots in infant tylenol?

DS is fighting a viral infection this week. DH pulled out the tylenol and noticed that it had tiny black dots in it. He assumed it got moldy or something and we certainly didn't use it. This bottle was bought and opened in July. Is this something that happens often? It's the Target brand acetaminophen if that matters.

I was thinking of contacting the company to ask about it. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen. 

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11

Re: Black dots in infant tylenol?

• I have never seen that happen. You may have left it somewhere with a high temperature and its bad. I would toss it.
  • imageEllasmommy07:
    I have never seen that happen. You may have left it somewhere with a high temperature and its bad. I would toss it.

It's just been in the top of DS's drawer with everything else. Ya, we're certainly not considering using it ever. Just holding onto the bottle (marked with sharpie now) in case I need the bottle number or something to write the company. 

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • Loading the player...
  • I would definitly call them to find out what could have happened to it. That is strange.
  • imageEllasmommy07:
    I would definitly call them to find out what could have happened to it. That is strange.
    This...and let us know what they say.
  • Did you wash off/out the dropper? Some saliva from DS could have gotten in and grown mold.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageEllasmommy07:
    I would definitly call them to find out what could have happened to it. That is strange.

Ditto this. Reporting it along with the lot number may help them to recall that lot and avoid other lil kiddos from getting sick:)

• imageEllasmommy07:

Yes, I would call too, that seems very strange. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"