Northern California Babies
Options

Random :: If you're bored, help me choose a color. PIP.

Here's basically what M's nursery looks like right now:

Here's my idea: 

I'm going to replace the changing table with this IKEA Expedit layed on it's side with a contoured changing pad on top.

Then to the right of the crib I'm planning to move the glider/end table over and put another of the same Expedit (2x4) standing up (making sure it's out of reach from the crib.)

Does that sound like it would look/function alright? My big question is which color to get? I feel like I should get the same color as the current furniture, but I'm SO BAD at this stuff. Would it look too dark/heavy? I love how the white ones look, but feel like it would clash with the other furniture... but who knows. Help?

Sorry this is long!!

Re: Random :: If you're bored, help me choose a color. PIP.

• Options
    i would get the dark
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A few questions for you:

- Do you like the dark wood in her room?

- Do you plan to keep these shelves in her big girl room?  I know it's awhile off, but I was just thinking ahead.  Are you going to want to go with dark wood for a big girl bed?  

I'd have to see how big the shelves were (how thick the wood was) to see if it would make the room seem too dark.  You could always add more light fixtures to the room if you are worried about it being too dark.

I don't think it would look bad if you put the shelves in as white either.  I'd just tie in the dark wood on the shelves somehow (like with some dark brown baskets, or the drawer things they have on their site).  I think that would work great.  Here's an example from their site showing a room using both the dark wood and white:  https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also would do dark.
  • Options
    imagequesarah:

A few questions for you:

- Do you like the dark wood in her room?

- Do you plan to keep these shelves in her big girl room?  I know it's awhile off, but I was just thinking ahead.  Are you going to want to go with dark wood for a big girl bed?  

I'd have to see how big the shelves were (how thick the wood was) to see if it would make the room seem too dark.  You could always add more light fixtures to the room if you are worried about it being too dark.

I don't think it would look bad if you put the shelves in as white either.  I'd just tie in the dark wood on the shelves somehow (like with some dark brown baskets, or the drawer things they have on their site).  I think that would work great.  Here's an example from their site showing a room using both the dark wood and white:  https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room

I am SO glad you'll be there with me!!

I do want these to last a long time... Definitely into her big girl room. (Which might be shared for a while with a younger sibling. :) So that's something to consider... I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the same color for her big girl bed. But I'll be honest that I tend to waver back and forth. On the other hand, it's WAAAY easier to paint furniture white than to try to get it from white to a dark wood stain!

Hmm... I dunno. Maybe I should add light fixtures to my IKEA shopping list because it's already a tad dark in there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"