Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Bleeding after c/s

Well I had my 6 week pp check today and the nurse practitioner told me I had blood in my urine...well I am still bleeding and passing clots I replied.  She got a funny look on her face, and said this is very unusual especially given I had a c/s.  She said to watch it another week, and if I am still bleeding next Thursday to call, and they will address it further.  She said it may be remnants of the placenta? 

Happen to anyone else?  WTF does address it further mean?  BTW, I was supposed to see my doctor today, and they switched me for some reason to the nurse practitioner. 

I had placenta previa, and an emergent c/s if that matters.  Uggghhh, I am so sick and tired about this damned placenta that has plagued my life since 20 weeks :( 

Any insight/advice would be appreciated.  TIA!

BabyFetus Ticker
Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

Re: Bleeding after c/s

• They're most likely going to have to find out if part of the placenta was left behind and remove it or you can get a very serious infection. Sad
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I had a c-section and I was still bleeding until just over 8 weeks, though it was really light and any clots were very tiny.  At my 6 week the dr wasn't worried, though I don't know how placenta previa might factor in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 8 weeks?  Ugh.  I was HOPING that this bleeding would stop soon.... (I had a c/s on 12/14.)  Wishful thinking I suppose...........
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I bled for a good 6 weeks. Stopped and then started many times before it was all over. My OB told me that she would be worried if I'd still been bleeding after 8 weeks.

But the passing of clots would worry me too. I don't think placenta previa would have anything to do with it. Hopefully it's nothing and goes away and you don't need a D&C. 

Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"