Eco-Friendly Family

FIL gave me a hug, has been genuinely kind,

joking, and even broached the "sore" subject of fish. 

Do I daresay our relationship is on the mend??  

::crosses fingers::  

Surprise 

Re: FIL gave me a hug, has been genuinely kind,

• Oh.My.

Perhaps your H & FIL discussed more than you will ever know while they were off fishing with 'no' cell service???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagethejennigirl:

Oh.My.

Perhaps your H & FIL discussed more than you will ever know while they were off fishing with 'no' cell service???

I wonder this, too.  Whatever  happened, I'm delighted with the results thus far.

• This is sad, but I totally remember "fishgate." 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebrianna611:
    This is sad, but I totally remember "fishgate." 

This is the first time I've seen the IL's since the fated day of Fishgate.  To say I'm pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.  

• imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:

imagebrianna611:

This is the first time I've seen the IL's since the fated day of Fishgate.  To say I'm pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.  

Wow!  Didn't that happen back in the summer or something?

• imagebrianna611:
    imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:

imagebrianna611:

February!  Crazy, right??

• imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    imagebrianna611:
    imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:

imagebrianna611:

February!  Crazy, right??

Seriously.  That IS crazy.  One, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago, and two, that is a long time to go without talking to the ILs.  But I'm glad it seems like things are on the mend.

• imagebrianna611:

Seriously.  That IS crazy.  One, it doesn't seem like it was that long ago, and two, that is a long time to go without talking to the ILs.  But I'm glad it seems like things are on the mend.

Sadly, that's how long it's been since they've seen the Gladlets, too.  That's the part that really kills me about the whole thing.  They've spoken on the phone a handful of times, but that's the extent of their contact with my babies.  It makes me so sad for the kids that there really wasn't any attempt made to even stay close with them.  Maybe he's realized what he is missing, and wants to fix it?  Maybe?  Can we hope?  

• imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    imagebrianna611:

Sadly, that's how long it's been since they've seen the Gladlets, too.  That's the part that really kills me about the whole thing.  They've spoken on the phone a handful of times, but that's the extent of their contact with my babies.  It makes me so sad for the kids that there really wasn't any attempt made to even stay close with them.  Maybe he's realized what he is missing, and wants to fix it?  Maybe?  Can we hope?  

Seriously, I'm sad for you.  It's one thing for them to ignore you, but to ignore their grandkids is not right.  I think they probably do realize what they've been missing.  Who wouldn't miss those two little dolls of yours?!

• imagebrianna611:

Seriously, I'm sad for you.  It's one thing for them to ignore you, but to ignore their grandkids is not right.  I think they probably do realize what they've been missing.  Who wouldn't miss those two little dolls of yours?!

Aww -- thanks.  I feel the same way.  They can hate me all they want (even though that's the last thing I ever wanted), but why ignore the babies?  They've missed out on almost an entire year of their childhood.  That time is irreplaceable.    

Maybe now that the ice is broken, so to speak, they'll come and visit more often.  I know they want us to go to Colorado with them in July.  Now that it seems like things are on the mend, the thought of the trip doesn't terrify me.  It's still mildly disconcerting, but not horrific. 

• I truly wish the best for you guys.  July is still a good bit away, so hopefully things will get better.  I think they owe you an apology, but that's me :)
  • imagebrianna611:
    I truly wish the best for you guys.  July is still a good bit away, so hopefully things will get better.  I think they owe you an apology, but that's me :)

Honestly, so do I.  At this point, though, I'm willing to forgo principle for peace.  KWIM?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"