Pregnant after a Loss

So I posted on facebook

And within 30 minutes I had one of those phone calls I've been dreading from someone I haven't spoken to in over a year. DH MADE ME answer the phone. Seriously. He hit the answer button and handed it to me.

Her: Oh, are you pregnant?

Me: Yup! (duh)

Her: How far along are you?

Me: About 20 weeks.

Her: (disappointed voice) And I'm just finding out!? Through facebook!?

Me: I guess so.

Her: Well, I was waiting for you guys to get pregnant.

Me: (first I slap DH on the knee, then I respond coldly) Well, not everyone gets it on the first try.

Her: Well maybe I'll be able to start my life next year. (Insert long diatribe about how hard her life is--it's not. She went to med school and realized it's not what she wants to do, and now she's become a miserable person.)

Me: Yup.

Luckily, as I was trying to figure out how to get out of this, she had to go.

I just keep reminding myself that it's better that it's out there, right?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So I posted on facebook

• Nope. Its not better out there. Just take it down and people who are in regular contact with you will know that you're pg and those that aren't in reg. contact prob don't need to know.  If anyone whines that they don't know just act surprised and say - I guess we dont' talk as often as I thought we did.  People DO NOT NEED TO KNOW your business.  But big congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I say let it be out there.  Your time has come and it is ok to be excited about it.... just because other people's lives aren't where yours is now doesn't mean you need to be less excited for your fortune!

Enjoy and CONGRATS on 20 weeks!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you got one of "those" calls. Hopefully it will be the only one. At least it is out there now so you don't have to worry about the news leaking.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Sorry you had to deal with such an akward call.  haha  I would have been shooting DH with laser beams from my eyes if he picked up..  I'm a big screener of calls.

Congrats on 20 weeks!

• I'm a huge call screener and so is DH, but I can see him doing something like that. Was she angry with you or jealous? I couldn't get the overall tone from the conversation, only that it was awkward.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagenicobean1:
    I'm a huge call screener and so is DH, but I can see him doing something like that. Was she angry with you or jealous? I couldn't get the overall tone from the conversation, only that it was awkward.

Mostly that I should feel sorry for her because her life is hard and I should feel guilty for not finding some way to tell her about this sooner. (I should say we had a falling out because she stopped returning my calls and emails while my DH was deployed. Talk about a fair-weather friend.)

• imagelil_rhody:

imagenicobean1:
    I'm a huge call screener and so is DH, but I can see him doing something like that. Was she angry with you or jealous? I couldn't get the overall tone from the conversation, only that it was awkward.

Mostly that I should feel sorry for her because her life is hard and I should feel guilty for not finding some way to tell her about this sooner. (I should say we had a falling out because she stopped returning my calls and emails while my DH was deployed. Talk about a fair-weather friend.)

You can't win with those kinds of people, seriously.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • boo freaking hoo for her!  Be happy for you and celebreate that you're half way there girl!
  • This is the exact reason that I took everyone off of my facebook that is not an actual friend I speak to regularly or family. I think its great that you posted it. If you havent talked to her in a year who cares what she thinks. Its all about you..not her!
  • I love you ladies. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"