Stay at Home Moms
Options

Cloth Diapers

Hi, I'm coming over from the 3rd tri board.  Wanting some advice.........is anyone using cloth diapers and if so what are your favorite brands?  I am planning on using the one size fits all, I am mostly looking at bumgenius and fuzzibunz.  Thanks:)

Re: Cloth Diapers

• Options
    We use Bum Genius 3.0's and love them.
  • Options

How is the velcro holding up on the 3.0's?  I have heard that they can start to look bad, but I think velcro would be easier than snaps.  Did you begin to use them from the time your baby was a newborn?  I'm wondering how they fit a tiny little baby.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LOVE cloth diapers.

I don't like Fuzzibunz - I have the one size ones with the snaps, and it's such a pain to get them adjusted right.

I LOVE BumGenius - the AIO's rock! It's pretty much all I use during the day, and I love Bamboozles (which I think are being discontinued) and thirsties covers for nighttime.

I also like Thirsties Pocket AIO's for daytime.

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    image<3myyogi:

How is the velcro holding up on the 3.0's?  I have heard that they can start to look bad, but I think velcro would be easier than snaps.  Did you begin to use them from the time your baby was a newborn?  I'm wondering how they fit a tiny little baby.

We are actually going to have them all converted to snaps soon. The velcro started to wear pretty quickly (3 months-ish?) but some became unusable right about when he turned a year. We have been going back and forth over whether or not I should do the conversion, or pay to have them converted, and decided to have someone else do it. Even with the velcro issues, I recommend them. We have never had poop blowouts with them, they fit so well, and even with the cost of converting them, they are going to save us a ton of money compared to what we would have spent using all disposables.

They would have worked when he was a newborn, but they would have been ginormous! We did a Kissaluv size zero trial through Sunshinediapers.com. It cost us 200.00 or so, and when we sent the diapers back, we got a 100.00 credit that we used to finish buying our BG's. It worked out perfectly for us. We started CDing as soon as we came home from the hospital.

• Options
    Don't forget about prefolds and covers! They are easy to do and cheap! I don't think they work as well at night when your LO starts sleeping for longer periods if they are a big wetter. I haven't ventured into nighttime CDing, but on the EFF board, they say that fitteds work better for night. Also, if you haven't been to the EFF board, they have lots of good info and a blog with good info!
  • Options
    We are considering prefolds at first just because I keep hearing that the one size doesn't fit newborns well.  What is the EFF board?
  • Options

EFF board = The Eco-Friendly Family Board

We use BG 3.0's as well. We are having some velcro issues, but if you write to their customer service they will send out replacement velcro tabs & laundry tabs. You still have to replace them yourself, which I haven't done yet because I'm waiting until the first ones aren't sticking anymore.

We didn't start CDing until about 7 months old. I have twins who were preemies so I know the diapers wouldn't have fit them for quite awhile anyway because they were so small. I think we should have switched sooner though, I know they will fit many newborns as they're rated for babies as small as 8 pounds, and I've seen pics of newborn babies wearing them.

• Options

I use mostly BG 3.0. So far the velcro still works fine. I have some snap ones too, which are nice because DD can't take them off herself. 

I've tried other brands and so far those are our favorites. Blueberrys are my second favorite.  

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options

imagebentlaj11:
    Don't forget about prefolds and covers! They are easy to do and cheap! I don't think they work as well at night when your LO starts sleeping for longer periods if they are a big wetter. I haven't ventured into nighttime CDing, but on the EFF board, they say that fitteds work better for night. Also, if you haven't been to the EFF board, they have lots of good info and a blog with good info!

I am 99% set on doing prefolds + covers...wanna share your favorites?

As far as not being as absorbent at night....I was told you can use another prefold as a doubler (folded) and still fit both under a cover. Haven't tried it myself yet though as my LO isn't here yet!

• Options

I CD'd DS after he got out of nb size sposies (my gram bought me a whole case so we used those up) We only used pf's and either bummi's covers or thirsties. We're currently expecting twins, and I'm going to need some more covers and pf's they worked great and we'll use them for the twins. One possibly fix for nighttime diapering once they start sleeping longer will be a double pf, w/ a fleece liner and a heavy fleece cover. I haven't done that w/ DS yet tho because he's been sleeping 9-11 hour stretches at night since he was 7 1/2 weeks old... and I'm  NOT messing with that!! :)

I bought my diapers from diaperjunction.com  and from pittsburghclothdiapers.com but i've also heard good things about greenmountaindiapers.com we just haven't tried those.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"