Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

still spotting 6 wks after D & C

I still have spotting and a little clotting 6 weeks after my D & C. I was 9 weeks pg. I am worried. My OB is closed until Monday. Planning to call first thing. Anyone else have this happen? I thought it should only last 2-3 weeks.

Re: still spotting 6 wks after D & C

• Options
    It can be different for everyone.  I bled on and off for 4 weeks.  If it becomes heavy, you start cramping terribly, or you start to run a fever are points to which you need to go to the ER.  Otherwise, I think you'll be okay to wait until Monday to give the doctor a call.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If it is not heavy I would call your doctor on Monday. If it is more than spotting, I'd go ahead and go to the ER. That is a lot of bleeding.  I spotted for about 2 weeks and while I know everyone is different, that is really a long time to bleed for 9 weeks along.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is there any chance that AF started? Have you been bleeding for 6wks straight or has it been on and off? Everyone is so very different, but 6wks of straight bleeding(not spotting) would be a lot. Did you talk to your dr when you were still bleeding at 3 or 4 weeks post D&C? Sorry, I guess I have more questions than answers, but these are all important to think about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Babywearing, cloth diapering, formula and breastmilk feeding, still can't believe I'm a mom, momma to my little man, two furbabies, and two angel babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"