Washington Babies
Options

Uhhh... what???

So we just received word that Dh's cousin Jonathan, who is 16 years old, will be getting a sex change when he turns 18.  However he has decided to start the transition now, so he has transferred high schools and is now living as a girl.  We are only allowed to refer to him as a female and he has changed his name to "Wren"...  

16 seems a little young to be making such a huge decision, but more power to "her" I guess! 

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch

Re: Uhhh... what???

• Options

So I wasn't at all expecting this to be about a sex change.

And for the name Wren, I wonder if he/she is a Terry Brooks fan. Back when I was a teen I thought this would be the coolest name for a girl.

And you won't be getting any bird-brained jokes from me.

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    He maybe young but i'm pretty sure in order to go through a sex change a patient must have a full psychological evaluation as well as must live as the preferred gender for one year. So maybe he is totally sure of this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH has a cousin who's a girl, but you'd never EVER know it by the way she dresses, gets her hair cut...etc. I'm sure a sex change is in the works.
  • Options

whoa nelly. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Wow. Didn't expect that one. Is Wren supposed to be short for something?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Most people with gender dysphoria identify as their non-birth gender pretty early in life, before puberty even. So it's not that out of the ordinary. Hope she realizes how lucky she is to have a supportive family.

• Options

imagelulumialu:
     Hope she realizes how lucky she is to have a supportive family.

This.

Definitely not what I was expecting when I opened this link! 

• Options

my friend's cousin did this.  when i met her she was a girl.  then the next time was at my friend's wedding and she was a he.  luckily my friend warned me b/c we were at the same table.  i struggled with what to say but i just said "we met when eric and i were in colorado.." and acknowledged that i knew who he was and moved on.  it wasd a fun night actually. 

i can't imagine how hard that must be - how emotionally draining it must be to feel "wrong" for so long and then to have to go through something so drastic.   Having family support often means the difference between a healthy life and suicide for some of these kids sadly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"