Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Strange question/vent

So my younger sister just found out she is pregnant about 3 weeks ago.. they say she is already like 10 wks.. and it is a great thing when we find out a new life is coming into this world.. and it would be an amazing thing if she wasn't 17, (acts like she is 12) and the guy wasn't a total jerk.. and if I wasn't incredibly nervous about one thing.. which in my mind is major and I wish she would have never told me about it.. about 10 days after they had sex (which considering she got pregnant would have made her anywhere between 6-11 dpo, even though we will never know) She used drugs, and not just any drugs.. LSD (ACID)

Now here is my question, I am extremely concerned for my neice/nephews well being and if there is a high chance of him or her not being ok.

I know you ladies always say drink to its pink.. because i guess alcohol wont really affect the fetus when it is that little.. but what about when it comes to drugs.. if she was only a week pregnant at the time is it still something we need to worry about majorly? Or should we just wait and see what happens?

I know you girls probably wont know.. she will have to ask the doctor.. which I know she wont so.. I just am looking for the least bit of reassurance.. I am scared out of my mind and almost in tears I am so nervous for that poor unborn childs life...

So there is the question part.. Here is the vent part..

How in the fvck.. can my 17 year old sister get KTFU her 1st time having un protected sex (well at least she says) and I am here.. It is strange how things work.. well everything happens for a reason I guess.. I just really hope she grows up.. fast.. sorry if I sound like I am being a worry wart or a bit bitchy.. Thanks!

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers ____________________________________________________________________________ *4 angel babies in heaven*__ *DX with Progesterone defficiency June 2010* *Haylie Marie & Makenzie Shayanne adopted November 2010* **SURPRISE! !ALL NATURAL MIRACLE BFP!!12/26/10 (MERRY CHRISTMAS)** ***Alexander Robert born 8/20/11, 11:01pm, 8lbs. 2oz. 20.5inches*** **BFP 06/26/2012.. Baby B #2 Due 04/01/2013**

Re: Strange question/vent

• Options
    My understanding, and I could be wrong, but the fetus doesn't start thriving off the mother until six weeks, so everything should be fine.  However, I don't know if this is gospel and something she needs to be honest with her doctor about.
  • Options

I am sorry you are going through this! 

I don't know about acid for a fact, but I would think at 6-11 DPO not much is going to get close to the fetus - it may not even have been implanted yet.  I hope she has stopped partying now that she knows she is pregnant.  That is probably what I would be worried about more than what she did at 6-11 DPO.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would hope that by that point, she wasn't sharing blood supply with her baby. At any rate, what's done is done and it's up to chance so let's just hope for the best.
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagejteneback:

I am sorry you are going through this! 

I don't know about acid for a fact, but I would think at 6-11 DPO not much is going to get close to the fetus - it may not even have been implanted yet.  I hope she has stopped partying now that she knows she is pregnant.  That is probably what I would be worried about more than what she did at 6-11 DPO.

Yes well she says she is going to.. and I would like to think so.. That is what I thought is that it would be too early for anything to affect the baby.. but like I said I just really needed reassurance!  thank you for the peice of mind!

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers ____________________________________________________________________________ *4 angel babies in heaven*__ *DX with Progesterone defficiency June 2010* *Haylie Marie & Makenzie Shayanne adopted November 2010* **SURPRISE! !ALL NATURAL MIRACLE BFP!!12/26/10 (MERRY CHRISTMAS)** ***Alexander Robert born 8/20/11, 11:01pm, 8lbs. 2oz. 20.5inches*** **BFP 06/26/2012.. Baby B #2 Due 04/01/2013**
  • Options

I have no idea about your question, but I'm sorry you're going through this. It sucks when people who really don't care about having a child get pregnant and in my opinion even worse when they can't take care of it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had DS when I was 17 and I am just fine and so is he. I was apot head and drank way too much! As long as she is no longer doing drugs the baby should be ok, but their is always a chance that something could be wrong. To me ur venting sounds like a bit of jelousy, which I do not blame you I am jelouse of me at 17 right about now. All you can do is be nice and try to be their for her. She will find the way! I am a huge success and have been sine DS was born! I landed a great job right after having him and purchased my first home at 18. I have since bought and sold 3 homes and many cars. She will be ok if she wants to be. Things change when they place that baby in ur hands!
  • Options
    I am not a doctor by any means, so I can only share a personal experience with you in the hopes that it will help to ease your mind a little. My little sister (she is 19) was at the "peak of her partying" (her words) when she conceived her child last Spring. I'm not exactly sure of the quantity or type of drugs and alcohol that are included in this peak partying time, but she stopped indulging in anything that had the potential to harm the baby as soon as she found out she was pregnant. I am overwhelmingly happy to be able to tell you that she gave birth 3 weeks ago to my beautiful, very healthy niece. I hope this helps you to worry a little less, and I wish all the best to you and your family.

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"