Indiana Babies

lauren - re: my ob appt

it went fine, except:

1) they didn't have me pee in a cup before hand, then i sat in my paper gown for 45 min.  hello!  of course they meant to have me PIAC, so I have to go back.

2) both the nurse and the NP were baffled that my LMP was 5/08, even AFTER I explained that I'm nursing and he still wakes up many times at night.  I'm like "did you go to nursing school?  really?  you are an ob nurse?"  OMG.

3) they ASSumed that I had no/bad prenatal care b/c I had a HB.  Grr.

4) the NP told the Dr. that I had a HB.  He said that was "very brave".  I told him that I think it's brave that people use doctors.  It just flew out of my mouth.  Open mouth, insert foot.  LOL

5) at the end they ordered bloodwork for my thyroid and prolactin - just to make sure that there are no weird hormonal reasons that I'm getting my period.  ::eyeroll::

So I have to go back and do bloodwork and PIAC.

Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011

Re: lauren - re: my ob appt

• Oh heavens!

Isn't it upsetting that some OB/NP/RNs still have no clue about things that aren't exactly new? I switched OBs here because my first one was "very concerned" that I was having such long cycles...she ASSumed my follicular phase should have been 14 days. Ummmm...

Yay for you for commenting on HB v doctors :)

So are you really going back to that same practice or will you find a new, more current one?

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Since I just need annual care for now, I'm just staying there.  If I were to get pg again I'd be GONE for sure!  LOL.
    Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • *butts in*

I am baffled that you are so baffling to the entire medical and nursing community. Especially the OB community, like you said.

• imageCarmela752:

*butts in*

I am baffled that you are so baffling to the entire medical and nursing community. Especially the OB community, like you said.

this

I'd be looking for a new doctor!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"