Parenting after a Loss
Options

did you wait for the pedi

did you wait for them to give you the ok to start cereal?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: did you wait for the pedi

• Options
    Yes, pretty much.  I actually wanted to wait until 6 months before we started anything.  The pedi said around 5 months to start, and I just started last week.  I was going to wait but LO was really interested in food and would stare longingly as any of us ate so we thought it was time.  We're only doing rice/oatmeal though until 6 months and then we'll start with pureed veggies. 
  • Options
    We got the okay at 4 months, but her tongue thrust reflux was still strong, so we didn't start until 4.5 months. Our paperworks says for veggies to plan to start at around 6 months, but we started the weekend before Christmas bc she was showing signs of interest and have been doing well since.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At her 4 month visit, I told the pedi that I didn't want to start solids until 6 months, which he said was fine.  DD wasn't ready at 4 months.  She's showing some of the signs now, but we're still waiting until 6 months so she can have more veggies and fruits and less cereal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options

Yes and No. My Pedi prefers waiting until 6 months, however they do discuss it at the 4 month visit and gave us some signs of readiness to look for. They also are ok with starting earlier at our discretion. 

In the last week or so Owen has started acting more and more ready for food, so I think we are going to start at 5 months with cereal. I still plan on waiting to introduce any veggies/fruits until 6 months either way. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"