Baby Names

Girl name I want would = initials of F C K

Our last name starts with "K". We are hugely struggling with a name for DD2, and are nowhere near agreeing on a first OR middle name.

However, the one I want, that I obviously cannot have, is Fiona Claire.

Fiona

Claire

K----

DH loves the name Kate, but Fiona Kate= fornicate. 

Crying

Re: Girl name I want would = initials of F C K

• That's just bad all around.  Any other middle name possibilities?
  • Oh yeah, we have a list of like 20 names, but DH and I either can't agree, or just don't love ANY name that would remotely work.

• Loading the player...
  • I have to admit that both of your options are really funny. I'm glad you know better than to use it though Wink Some people wouldn't have even caught it.
  • Oh yeah, I would steer clear of F-C-K.  And I hadn't thought of fornicate until you said it, but......... yeah.

Claire Fiona?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The names that SIL and her DH chose for their DD spelled A  S  S.  So they added in another middle name to make it A  S  G  S.  Maybe you could agree on another middle name to throw in there?

Or as a PP suggested, do Claire Fiona instead? 

• No way, jose.  My only initial restrictions are those that spell a profane word.  FCK is way too close to the f-bomb.

And also no to Fornicate.  :( 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemlf625:

No way, jose.  My only initial restrictions are those that spell a profane word.  FCK is way too close to the f-bomb.

And also no to Fornicate.  :( 

LOL- ya understood we are not considering either one, right?

• How about Fiona Klaire ? I know its different, but maybe...
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LMAO!!!  At lease you can find the humor it it.  You'll come up with something!

• What about Fiona Blair?
  • Totally not being insensitive, but that's the funniest thing I've heard.  I'm so sorry that you can't use Claire or Kate.  :(  What about Claire Fiona or Kate Fiona like PPs said?
  • imageCaymandreams:
    I have to admit that both of your options are really funny. I'm glad you know better than to use it though Wink Some people wouldn't have even caught it.

What about Fiona Caroline?

• imagelilygirl:

imageCaymandreams:
    I have to admit that both of your options are really funny. I'm glad you know better than to use it though Wink Some people wouldn't have even caught it.

What about Fiona Caroline?

Uh, that doesn't solve the FCK problem.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • HEEE @ fornicate. I never would have thought of it but now that you said it...:)

yeah I think you have to avoid FCK  

• Why aren't you okay with fornicate, but you're okay with FCK? Do you not see what we're getting at here?
    imageimage
  • imageMrsSummitCounty:
    Why aren't you okay with fornicate, but you're okay with FCK? Do you not see what we're getting at here?

My God people! She's NOT ok with FCK either! Can any of you read? And why in the heck are you all suggesting other middle names that also begin with C? I'm seriously concerned about the brainpower here.

• We encountered a similar problem when we were close to deciding on a boy's name... for Sullivan Owen B-----, his initials would clearly insult his parentage.

Good thing it's always as easy as changing a middle name.

• What about Kate Fiona?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • OK so you like Fiona, and like Kate, but can't use Fiona Kate because of how it sounds, While I know some people consider Kate a given name, it is also a nickname for Kathleen, Katherine, etc. Have you considered something like Fiona Kathleen, or if that's too Irish sounding, Fiona Katherine (not Catherine since that would have the wrong initials!)?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Am I the only person who thinks you're over-thinking it?  No one knows what my initials are.  
  • imageshopgirl_07:

imageMrsSummitCounty:
    Why aren't you okay with fornicate, but you're okay with FCK? Do you not see what we're getting at here?

My God people! She's NOT ok with FCK either! Can any of you read? And why in the heck are you all suggesting other middle names that also begin with C? I'm seriously concerned about the brainpower here.

Thank you. Holy hell!

• imageqtpa2t:
    Am I the only person who thinks you're over-thinking it?  No one knows what my initials are.  

Annnnnnd, if I am overthinking it, I'm one of the few who could be accused of that.... Some of these responses are cracking me up-- I needed that today. Thanks, even to those for whom it was unintentional.

• We are using Fiona Jane as our daughter's name.
  • image~CoCo~:
    imageshopgirl_07:

imageMrsSummitCounty:

Thank you. Holy hell!

Then maybe she should have just asked for middle names to go with Fiona instead of making it about the initials. Just sayin.

imageimage
  • I liked the idea of going with Fiona Klaire or Fiona Kathleen as someone had suggested.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Babywearing, cloth diapering, formula and breastmilk feeding, still can't believe I'm a mom, momma to my little man, two furbabies, and two angel babies.
  • imageMrsSummitCounty:
    image~CoCo~:
    imageshopgirl_07:

imageMrsSummitCounty:

Thank you. Holy hell!

Then maybe she should have just asked for middle names to go with Fiona instead of making it about the initials. Just sayin.

Ok, now you're just embarrassing yourself. The point was NOT that we'd settled on Fiona, and just needed a MN. If that HAD been the problem, I'd have asked.

Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension skillz. Just sayin'....

• DH also pointed out that when she is listed alphabetically at school (last name first), her initials would then be KFC.  Muahahahah

Sorry about your names.  Maybe Claire Kate?  Or Claire Fiona?

TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"