Washington Babies

4 days huh....I thought that was common knowledge

Linky to article in Herald

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image

Re: 4 days huh....I thought that was common knowledge

• No linky.
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• here's the link:

www.heraldnet.com/article/20091231/NEWS02/712319909#Breast.milk.has.four.day.shelf.life

That is ridiculous really - I have heard/read even up to 8 days in the fridge is fine.  So it's funny that they needed to do this study to show 4 was ok.  But, I will say that at the NICU they wouldn't let milk be in the fridge for 2 days.  They were crazy about rotating milk and freezing it and all.  So maybe they just needed a more definitive proof to make sure it's safe, especially for preemies who you really don't want to get sick.

• Loading the player...
  • Even in the Special Care Nursery, they only allowed milk to be refridgerated for 48 hours.

I too have heard that it is good for up to a full week. Interesting.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• ummm, yeah......I too thought it was common knowledge already... but up to 10 days in the fridge!

I'll keep it in there for up to 5 before freezing at home, and when I'm traveling, the stuff I pump on Monday is in the hotel fridge until I get home on Friday night. 

hmmmmmmmmmm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, I don't see how this is 'groundbreaking', lol its funny that they even use that word to make it seem like a really big story :)
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • I'm right there with you ladies... how is this worthy of a news flash? Women all across America have already known and followed this guideline!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"