Follow up to eczema — The Bump
D.C. Area Babies

Follow up to eczema

We did use some hydrocortizone and DD seems to be itching less and the redness is pretty much gone.  I didn't know it was a steroid cream, duh!  Thanks for the advice.  Because she is irritated less we will go back to moisturizing with Aquaphor.  We were bathing her almost every day and now we're going to cut down to 2-3 days a week, if necessary only.  I do wash her face and neck area daily but I only use a warm wash cloth no soap.

As far as the Soy goes, eh!  She doesn't like it much but its only been two days and it smells pretty bad as well.  I don't want to keep switching formulas but I want to make sure she's eating well and isn't have allergic reactions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Follow up to eczema

• One thing we used as per our dr. was Crisco.  He said it's basically the same thing as aquaphor as it holds the moisture in, but it's much less expensive.  We'd put a tiny put of hydrocortizone cream on the red spots, then cover her with Crisco. It really seemed to help her out.  She seemed to get it really bad in the winter last year.  We'd slime her up in Crisco on her legs on a daily basis and within a week she looked so much better.  She's had no signs of it this year (knock on wood). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Glad to hear it's improved!
  • My DD had the same issue and now with the extremely cold weather it is starting to act up again. I was visiting my SIL in New England for x-mas and she gave me Hydrolatum. You can find it at any pharmacy, I went to Target,  but it is behind the counter so you have to aske (you don't need an Rx).

This stuff was amazing...I am not kidding when I tell you that her skin cleared up within an hour, like completely clear. She has it on her face, legs, and arms and this stuff cleared it all. I used to use Aquaphor but I bought two tubs of this its great.

• image Ana0927:

My DD had the same issue and now with the extremely cold weather it is starting to act up again. I was visiting my SIL in New England for x-mas and she gave me Hydrolatum. You can find it at any pharmacy, I went to Target,  but it is behind the counter so you have to aske (you don't need an Rx).

This stuff was amazing...I am not kidding when I tell you that her skin cleared up within an hour, like completely clear. She has it on her face, legs, and arms and this stuff cleared it all. I used to use Aquaphor but I bought two tubs of this its great.

Thanks for the suggestion on Hydrolatum!  Allie has a case of it right now which should be no surprise since I suffer from it (keep it at bay with allergy medicine) and my husband also has it mildly.  So far I've been using that Baby Eczema ointment they sell at most drugstores that has the Disney logo on it.  It definitely seems to be helping but I may have to look into this.

To the OP, glad that your little one seems to be getting better with it! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards