Adoption

so much excitment on the board!

Holy cow! I can't believe how much I have missed while traveling these last few weeks!  I love keeping up on you girls!

Also I got a letter when I got back in town that i have to redo my fingerprints.. boo! We waited 6 weeks for that, now we'll probably have to wait another.

Oh well, what do you do?!

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image

Re: so much excitment on the board!

• Sorry you have to redo your fingerprints.  I am afraid my DH will have to redo his, with the new machines they have where they scan your finger, versus ink, the machine kept telling him that his finger print wasn't passable..  He had to do it like 10 times.  The person doing it said, that they were more than acceptable, but who knows...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is a bummer, I also had bad luck w/ mine and had to do them 3 times.  Our agency was trained and did them the first 2 times, finally I went to the police station that does them and that time worked out better.  It only cost $25 and I felt more confident about them being done right since they do it daily, not just occasionally.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejewele803:
    That is a bummer, I also had bad luck w/ mine and had to do them 3 times.  Our agency was trained and did them the first 2 times, finally I went to the police station that does them and that time worked out better.  It only cost $25 and I felt more confident about them being done right since they do it daily, not just occasionally.

we went to this place to do it and it was all high tech, no ink or anything, you'd think they would have done it right... 

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • imageMayDayGirl:

imagejewele803:
    That is a bummer, I also had bad luck w/ mine and had to do them 3 times.  Our agency was trained and did them the first 2 times, finally I went to the police station that does them and that time worked out better.  It only cost $25 and I felt more confident about them being done right since they do it daily, not just occasionally.

we went to this place to do it and it was all high tech, no ink or anything, you'd think they would have done it right... 

Wow...yes, that IS even more disappointing...good luck the second go-around!

• imagejewele803:
    imageMayDayGirl:

imagejewele803:

Wow...yes, that IS even more disappointing...good luck the second go-around!

We did ours at the police station and it was the old fashioned way of doing it with the messy ink and they "took" the first time.  Sometimes high tech is not all it's cracked up to be.  Sorry you're going to have to wait longer.  

• imageHElizabethDU:
    Sorry you have to redo your fingerprints.  I am afraid my DH will have to redo his, with the new machines they have where they scan your finger, versus ink, the machine kept telling him that his finger print wasn't passable..  He had to do it like 10 times.  The person doing it said, that they were more than acceptable, but who knows...

I had the same issue with mine and as certain they were going to be rejected. They weren't! So maybe your husbands will pass too.  

• imagemaurisa74:

imageHElizabethDU:
    Sorry you have to redo your fingerprints.  I am afraid my DH will have to redo his, with the new machines they have where they scan your finger, versus ink, the machine kept telling him that his finger print wasn't passable..  He had to do it like 10 times.  The person doing it said, that they were more than acceptable, but who knows...

I had the same issue with mine and as certain they were going to be rejected. They weren't! So maybe your husbands will pass too.  

I hope so!

• I have a lot of fingerprint issues, but they have this stuff you can use to make them come out better called ridge builder. Also, try to sleep with moisturizer on your fingers the night before. That can help. But an experienced and expert technician is going to make a huge difference. there is one lady at our police station who did such a great job for me. She took a long time (this was inkless) making sure they were just right. And now whenever I need one, I just have them print out the good version. When I had to do it for CIS, the lady took them in ink and electronically. She said sometimes they show up better in old-fashioned ink.
  • Well that stinks!! I hope this time it won't take as long!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"