Blended Families

I think I need to retire

...from the 1st tri board. A new girl (this was her 1st post ever) posted yesterday about how she is newly prego. I suggested that she not use that word as she would get flamed on other boards & congradulated her on her pregnancy. A LOT of newbies jumped on the train of how I'm "being mean to the new girl" and "how dare I flame her." They even started a new thread! Oh good Lord I don't have patience for this. I think their bella bands must be cutting off the oxygen to their brains.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think I need to retire

• I don't miss 1st tri at all!! Second Tri was fun, but got old, quick. Good luck! How far along are you now?

~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • 8 weeks. I plan on putting up a ticker once I get out safely from the 1st tri.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you are an adult you say you are pregnant

if you are immature you say you are preggo/preggers, etc.....

• First congrats.  And man am I glad I got preggos (just kidding, I have never used that) before all these "new" boards.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Haha.  I hated first tri!   "Preggers" drives me nuts too... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I saw and commented on your post and I was just wonderng why the word was an issue.  I personally would never use that word, but I did not see it as a derogatory term.  I personally have seen worst words used on the nest boards that this one.

Back in 2005 on the nest boards, I retired because I felt like some of the comments especially on the ML boards were offensive and inappropriate and everytime I made a post everyone seem to jump down my throat.  So I can definitely relate. 

• For me it is just personal. I think is makes the user sound childish & stupid.(but I would never say that to their face) I'm not sure why the other boards feel so strongly about it. Perhaps there is more meaning? I was merely trying to give her a heads up. The poor newbie would be chewed to shreds if she went to the 2nd or 3rd tri boards & said "Hi I'm newly prego, any advice you can give me for the upcomming months?' She would probably GBCB, I was trying to give her a fighting chance.
  • OK, now I understand.  It sounds like you were just trying to advise her not use the term in the future as she moves to other boards.  Perhaps everyone on 1st tri boards overexaggerated.
  • Someone called me preggo. It was like nails on a chalkboard. My response?

"I'm pregnant, not spaghetti sauce."

And this current 1st tri board is a LOT of p&r... which I find really weird, since the vast majority of them seem to be 2nd+ time moms! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageErin0922:

Someone called me preggo. It was like nails on a chalkboard. My response?

"I'm pregnant, not spaghetti sauce."

And this current 1st tri board is a LOT of p&r... which I find really weird, since the vast majority of them seem to be 2nd+ time moms! 

HAHA I think the same thing!

If I am in a hurry I shorten it to PG but thats about it. First tri drove me nuts... probably because I'm not new to the whole baby thing.

• Jpowell, I think I'm about 8 weeks too. I wasn't tracking though since I had just got my cycle back. So we should be very close together, I'll know more in 2 weeks.

I hate the term preggos too. And last pregnancy I tried those trimester boards and they drove me bonkers.

• imageSUwife:

Jpowell, I think I'm about 8 weeks too. I wasn't tracking though since I had just got my cycle back. So we should be very close together, I'll know more in 2 weeks.

I hate the term preggos too. And last pregnancy I tried those trimester boards and they drove me bonkers.

That's exciting that we'll be together! Really, I should just stay away from the 1st tri board. I literally want to choke the next person that asks about brown spotting or if lunchmeat is ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"