Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Possible ectopic pregnancy...

I have read so much info on Google that my head might spin, but I still have no answers. 

I am only 8DPO and in the possible 3% who might be in the midst of an EP this early, but I have never experienced pain like this.  It's sharp, stabbing pain on my right side of my pelvis and it hurts to sneeze or cough. Almost fainted last night in the bathroom (lying on the cold tile was the only thing that helped me) and stayed there until the feeling of blackness faded.  Not only was this accompanied by awful nausea, but also cold sweats.  I guess the only reprieve is that I don't have any bleeding....which is odd, because all the other symptoms seem to match up.

I am scared.  Though I have a wonderfully healthy DD now, I still don't know what to think.  I called my doctor's office and the attending physician (not a nice man, more worthy of the title, douchebag) told me to schedule an U/S though he "doubts there's anything wrong with me this early on."  I guess my question to any of you wonderful ladies is have you experienced this and if so, this early on?

Thanks so much in advance.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby #3! BFP 10/20/12 EDD 6/27/13

Re: Possible ectopic pregnancy...

• The first thing I'd do is take a pregnancy test. If you dont get a positive, it means your hormone level number isn't above 25 - most ectopic pregnancies wont cause pain until much later

When I had my ectopic, my US technician said they can't even see anything unless your beta is over 1000....

At 8 dpo, I'd be more likely to think you hvae a cyst or something else that's acting up..

• Thank you, Katie.  I just talked to my doc's office and they said the same thing.  I go in at 11 a.m. for an u/s.

Thanks again for your advice.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby #3! BFP 10/20/12 EDD 6/27/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to agree with pp. At 8 dpo you may or may not have had implantation yet so if it is ectopic it wouldn't be big enough to cause you pain or trouble yet. An US is not going to show anything at 8 dpo even if the pregnancy was in the ute. Your hcg has to be over 1000 to see anything. HMMM! Keep us updated!
  • I hope you don't have an EP.  They suck.  However, I would definitely take your symptoms seriously.  Can you go right to an RE?  I wish I hadn't wasted any time on an OB.  The RE dx the EP in about 2 min.  My OB was completely confused and wasted a lot of time that could have really turned out badly.  

In my case, my RE said I only THOUGHT I had AF, but was really pg from the prior cycle.  So when I thought I was 8dpo, I was really @ 7w pg (and I was actually 12w by the time I was at the RE and properly diagnosed... yikes).  My hcg levels just started out really low (because of the pg location) and AF came so I had no idea I was pg.  With possible EPs, you can't take anything for granted... they are very tricky and I don't think most obs are equipped/experienced enough to really handle them well.  For me, I didn't have any pain or bleeding or sign of EP (other than slow rising beta).

If you are feeling that kind of pain, I would take it very seriously.  Good Luck!

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"