Attachment Parenting
Options

Sleep routine

I posted this on 0-3 as well, but thought I would repost it here for anyone interested.

I just wanted to share my sleep routine since it seems like a lot of moms are looking for one.  I was about to go on the deep end the other night because LO just would not sleep anywhere, even with me holding him.  He was crying and fussing so much before he would finally pass out.  And then would wake up 15-20 minutes later.  

I was reading No Cry Sleep Solution and she suggested to keep a log of LO's sleeping and activity to see what is going on and also that LO may not be eating well and that is why he is not sleeping well.

I wrote down when he slept, when he ate and when he woke up.  I realized that he usually went to sleep about 30 minutes after he finished eating.  I also made sure he ate really well at night before putting him down.  I gave him a bottle at 7 and gave him an additional feed at 8. 

He's been sleeping alot better.  I swaddle him 30 minutes after he eats and he will fall asleep peacefully.  I wasn't aware of his sleep signals and he was getting overtired before.  He also has been sleeping better at night.  He will give me about 4 hours straight and then 2 hours instead of waking up every hour.  

It also helped me looking at his sleep patterns to realize that he is sleeping in the normal range and that there isn't something wrong with me or him.  Anyways.  I hope that helps! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"