Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

cried in public for the first time today..

Today was Kurt's ONE day off from work for the week, so we went out to run some errands together and go to the gym before going to my Grandma's to watch the holiday bowl with family. While we were out running around, he decided he needed a haircut, so we stopped at a random barber shop that's on the way to the gym. I went in to wait for him... and right when we walked in I saw 3 women sitting on the couches... with pizza boxes all over the coffee table, waiting for their hair dye to set. First of all, it's TOTALLY a men's barber shop... so that was kinda weird. Then, I overheard one of the barbers telling his client that they just ordered pizza when they showed up and didnt ask anyone if that was ok. WEIRDOS. One of the ladies was middle aged, the other one was her 25-ish daughter, and the other was her friend. They were talking about ALL kinds of inappropriate things, like sex and how big of *craps* they were going to take after all that pizza. uummmm F*ING SICK. I was just sitting there thinking "you have to be kidding me right now". Why I didn't go out to the car... I have no idea.

Then... they started talking about their kids. The 25-ish daughter went on for (not exaggerating) 10 minutes about how disgustingly ugly her baby girl is, and how that's the first thing she said when she born. She said that her husband said "Don't call her ugly, that's my little girl!", and the girl said "Well she's my little girl too, and she's disgusting so that's what I'll call her".

WOWWWWWWW. Tears started streaming down my face and I turned my head the other direction. Kurt had the keys to the truck, and I didn't want to go ask him for them because I knew he'd ask me what was wrong,a and trying to explain it to him would only make me cry harder in front of these people.

I wish we could do something to make all of these ungrateful women realize how precious of a gift their baby is. What kind of a mom EVER thinks that their baby is ugly? I was under the impression that pretty much all moms think their children are the most beautiful on earth. I usually don't talk badly or pass judgement without knowing people.. but from the way I heard these people talk today, I fear for their kids. I hope they are able to grow up with the love and support that they need. God forbid she ever TELLS that little girl what she really thinks of the way she looks.

- ok i'm basically just rambling now, but i'll stop. Thanks for listening, haha.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
click the button above to read my blog!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: cried in public for the first time today..

• I hate it that you had to experience that!  I just want to smack people that say things like that!  Some people on this board and the TTCAL board get irritated with parent who complain about their children.  That doesn't bother me if the complaints are about how tired they are from chasing them or when the kids do something  crazy.  I am a parent and I know how frustrating it can be..especially when they reach the teenage years. But when people rididcule their small children for things like being ugly or not very smart (things the children can't control) I just about lose my religion. And I can just about commit murder on people who talk about how they didn't want their kids!
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• I am so sorry. What is wrong with people these days? That kind of stuff makes me so mad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry, sending hugs. People like that always upset me.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"