Working Moms

If your DC refused the bottle..

Hi - I go back to work on Monday and my son is refusing the bottle, he has taken 4 in the last 3 months, but it took a long time to get him to drink them.

Anyone have this situation when you went back to work and did he/she just end up taking it since this was the only option?

Thanks!

Re: If your DC refused the bottle..

• DS gave us a hard time before I went back to work.  I tried every bottle out there and that didn't make a difference.  What helped the most was the temperature.  Freshly pumped wasn't even warm enough for him, he liked his bottles hot.  Right before returning to work I left DS with my mom (who watches him while I'm at work) for about 3 hours.  She said he did fine with the bottle while I was gone so that made me more comfortable leaving him for 8 hours my first day back. 

Since then DS has never given my mom or anyone else a hard time with the bottle UNLESS I am in the room.  If I am around he will not take the bottle.

• My DS wouldn't take a bottle until he started daycare at around 4 months of age... when it was his only option (besides being hungry!), he started taking them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard that some babies won't take a bottle if the source is close by, KWIM.  If I were you, prepare a bottle and leave your LO in the care of someone you trust.  Go shopping, go for a pedi, go do something that isn't far but something that you can take a while doing.  When feeding times comes up, whoever you left you LO with will feed them the bottle.  Chances are your LO will take it.  It's worked with a few of my friends.
  • Yup! DD never took a bottle well before I went back to work and then about a week before I went back she totally refused but once she was a daycare, she took it no problem, every time. She basically would only take it from the daycare provider, rarely from DH and my mom. I was freaked about sending her to DC with this issue but my pedi said not to worry that she would eat when she was hungry and she did. GL!

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"