Houston Babies

Changining pediatricians question...

So, this evening we had to visit the pediatrician and we fell in LOVE with the Dr. we saw.  We like A's regular pedi, but he seemed to be able to connect with her more and keep her more at ease with being there. Is it ok to switch to another doctor in the same practice?  Can we see whichever one is available on a particular date?  How would you handle it.  I feel like I'm breaking up with my pedi!

Re: Changining pediatricians question...

• Yes, you can usually see whoever has an opening.  If you are with 1960 Pediatrics you can see anyone.  We normally go to lakewood but went to the location 290 because it was the only opening. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We go to a ped's office that has 4 doctors and we used to see whomever we could get an appointment with.  We've seen all the doctors at least once.  However, after some bad run in's with one of the doctor's I'm pretty particular about seeing only the pediatrician whom owns the clinic. 

Anyway, I don't think it is that big of a deal when changing to a doctor in the same practice.  Some people see whomever and others have a preference.  Basically that is all you are doing, is changing your preference, you don't have to ask for your files to be transfered or anything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I changed pedis within our practice.  It really only changes who DS sees for well visits, but both doctors had to be notified and agree to the change.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • May I ask which pedi you saw that connected so well with Amelia?  I think we go to the same practice as you and I always like to see reviews on other pedis at the office in case we need to schedule with one other than our normal pedi.  Thanks.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageAggieDee:
    May I ask which pedi you saw that connected so well with Amelia?  I think we go to the same practice as you and I always like to see reviews on other pedis at the office in case we need to schedule with one other than our normal pedi.  Thanks.

Dr. Pope, he was GREAT!  He played with her and joked around.  She is scared of the doctor and she did a little better last night than she normally does. 

• imageKelleyA:

imageAggieDee:
    May I ask which pedi you saw that connected so well with Amelia?  I think we go to the same practice as you and I always like to see reviews on other pedis at the office in case we need to schedule with one other than our normal pedi.  Thanks.

Dr. Pope, he was GREAT!  He played with her and joked around.  She is scared of the doctor and she did a little better last night than she normally does. 

Oh, that's good to hear - he is our regular pedi.  He is really great with kids and we see eye to eye with him on parenting ideals.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, we did it,  and are so happy that we did. We did not have to say  anything, we just made all our appointments with the one we like instead. 
  • imageAggieDee:
    imageKelleyA:

imageAggieDee:

Oh, that's good to hear - he is our regular pedi.  He is really great with kids and we see eye to eye with him on parenting ideals.

That is who I switched to, I love him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • our practice has 5 drs but you only see one, unless it's a sick visit and yours isn't there. I switched drs within the practice with no problem, just had to fill out a form.
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The first time I made another appointment after the first visit, they asked if I still wanted to see my pedi for the next visit - and I was even like - "oh, I get a choice?"  I just figured I had that one from then on.  Of course, I still choose her (even though there are 5 in the practice), but it made me feel good that if eventually I want to switch to the guy doctor (if DS is not comfortable with a girl later on), then we could.  I wouldn't worry about it -they probably switch and drop patients all the time.  Next time you make an appointment - if anyone asks, just say you are keeping your options open, and remind them that you like the practice as a whole.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"