North Dakota Babies

Convertible car seat recommendations

I said I would post this the other day and just got around to it.  Here are the recommendations from baby bargains...

Sunshine Kids Radian 65 - $190 - works up to 65 lbs and also works rear-facing

First Years True Fit - $180-200 - also works rear facing and up to 65 lbs, better for compact cars

Top recommendation - Britax Marathon and Britax Roundabout

Re: Convertible car seat recommendations

• Thank you Big Smile

I found the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's website. Their guideline is 20lbs AND one year for rear facing; both conditions need to be met before you turn the seat around. they have a pdf you can view

They have a "Ease-of-use" Rating table that rates seats in several categories.  There is also a link for defects and recalls.

The First years True Fit Premiere is one of the one that got high ratings, so I will be looking at that one as well.

• This car seat is fairly new and wasn't out when BB was published- I have heard great things about it.  This is the one we got: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3532433

(It comes in different colors, of course, that is just what popped up when I searched!)

You could use it from birth all the way to 65 lbs if you wanted- but we are first going to use the travel system because I think it will be easier with a newborn. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"